Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Josh Gordon arrested again.....

109 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

He's just using ye old act like a dumbass to get cut technique to get off of the browns. Probably already has a contract written up with the patriots

You got the 'dumbass' part right.

The Browns are highly unlikely to cut him unless the League suspends him, and maybe not even then.  If (likely when) the League does suspend him indefinitely, it doesn't matter who he "already has a contract witten up with".  He's not playing anywhere.

This kind of thing, the number of times Gordon has done it, doesn't get you out of Cleveland.  It gets you out of the NFL.

I honestly think it's kinda obscene the way a lot of people are calling him "done" and saying he should be banned for life, or cut, etc.

He's a relatively young guy and has made some mistakes, that being said his mistakes are using marijuana and driving impaired..... from what I heard/read he blew a .09 a freaking tenth of a point above the legal limit.  Lets be honest here, that takes the average person like 2 beers, if everyone who drove impaired was arrested our jails would be even more over crowded, and if we punished everyone by losing their job then the unemployment rate would sky rocket and the economy crash.

The NFL has had players who've KILLED PEOPLE and have come back and played.    His mistakes have been magnified by the slow offseason and the fact that brett farve stayed retired...

He's about to be suspended for a very long time.  When was the last time you saw an NFL team sign or trade for a player that wasn't going to be available to them for about two years or so.

And let's say you do bring in a guy like Gordon.  Say he's doing well and he's a big part of your offense.  You're headed to the playoffs and everything is clicking and...oh, I wonder who's calling.  Oh, it's the League Office with a message that the guy you've been counting on to help you win games just did something stupid...again.  Now you're gonna have to go into that playoff run without him.

Teams don't want that.  Heck, even other players don't like the idea of depending on a guy who's known to choose drugs or drink over them.

He did this knowing he was facing a year's suspension.  You really think someone telling him "now this is really your last chance" is gonna keep him out of trouble?  If so, then you pay him a million dollars and rely on him to be responsible and do a job for ya, because the Panthers won't. 

Posted · Report post

I honestly think it's kinda obscene the way a lot of people are calling him "done" and saying he should be banned for life, or cut, etc.

He's a relatively young guy and has made some mistakes, that being said his mistakes are using marijuana and driving impaired..... from what I heard/read he blew a .09 a freaking tenth of a point above the legal limit.  Lets be honest here, that takes the average person like 2 beers, if everyone who drove impaired was arrested our jails would be even more over crowded, and if we punished everyone by losing their job then the unemployment rate would sky rocket and the economy crash.

The NFL has had players who've KILLED PEOPLE and have come back and played.    His mistakes have been magnified by the slow offseason and the fact that brett farve stayed retired...

who?

Posted · Report post

I always remember a quote from Chris Spielman about NFL players.

(Paraphrasing) All I really ask of you guys is just don't get arrested.  That's not such a tough thing.  There are millions of people who go their whole lives without ever having that happen.  Heck, most NFL players.  It's not that difficult to do and it's not an unreasonable request.  You're getting paid millions of dollars to play a game.  Why screw that up?  Have fun all you want.  Just don't get arrested! 

Posted · Report post

who?

Donte Stallworth

Posted · Report post

Donte Stallworth

wow and he was drunk...

Posted · Report post

wow and he was drunk...

There was something about the situation that suggested the guy just ran out in front of him but still..not a good situation.

Posted · Report post

People give players all kinds of shit for missing time due to injury yet are willing to trade for those likely to miss seasons due to suspensions. It makes no sense.

Posted · Report post

Gordon was driving a 2015 Cadillac Escalade.......

Registered to PJ Hairston

Posted · Report post

You got the 'dumbass' part right.

The Browns are highly unlikely to cut him unless the League suspends him, and maybe not even then.  If (likely when) the League does suspend him indefinitely, it doesn't matter who he "already has a contract witten up with".  He's not playing anywhere.

This kind of thing, the number of times Gordon has done it, doesn't get you out of Cleveland.  It gets you out of the NFL.

He's about to be suspended for a very long time.  When was the last time you saw an NFL team sign or trade for a player that wasn't going to be available to them for about two years or so.

And let's say you do bring in a guy like Gordon.  Say he's doing well and he's a big part of your offense.  You're headed to the playoffs and everything is clicking and...oh, I wonder who's calling.  Oh, it's the League Office with a message that the guy you've been counting on to help you win games just did something stupid...again.  Now you're gonna have to go into that playoff run without him.

Teams don't want that.  Heck, even other players don't like the idea of depending on a guy who's known to choose drugs or drink over them.

He did this knowing he was facing a year's suspension.  You really think someone telling him "now this is really your last chance" is gonna keep him out of trouble?  If so, then you pay him a million dollars and rely on him to be responsible and do a job for ya, because the Panthers won't. 

Well the main problem is you're thinking from the overly pristine "goody too shoes" perspective that Goodell has imposed on the league, not that I disagree with some of it I just think it's overly intensified because of who they are.  What someone does behind closed doors that doesn't harm anyone else, is their own business in my opinion.

Why he chooses to be a chronic user of marijuana I have no clue, but if it's for a legitimate medical reason then let him choose to do so.  The guy tokes up and then goes on to have 1600 yards receiving, if anything that's a million times better than those who take roids and HGH and come back to only get suspend 4 games lol performance enhancing drugs.  Hell and maybe like Ricky Williams, his use of marijuana is for religious purposes that he truly holds...does that mean the NFL gets to impose on his constitutional rights ?

Long story short, this guy isn't a big giant problem child who doesn't deserve to play, he's simply a victim of an over zealous world in which others love to judge those who's life style they don't agree with way before they look at their own convictions and mistakes. 

On a side note I do agree that he was dumb in not preparing to pass the test, he's rich and had enough money to buy the resources I'm sure to keep him from failing.

Posted · Report post

who?

Ray Lewis

Donte Stallworth

Some guy who killed a mother driving a mini van, name escapes me at the moment...I think he might of been on our team at one time as well.

Posted · Report post

I didn't know Ray Lewis killed anybody.