Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PJ Hairston punched a high school kid tonight?

255 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't understand how you get drafted to an organization with a "troubled past" and nobody is keeping tabs on you. He should've never been in Durham and considering the risk of drafting him, he obviously needs someone looking out for him

Sent from my HTCONE using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

You can't babysit a professional. If you don't believe he can keep himself out of trouble you don't draft him.

Posted

Kid says he didn't throw first punch. This could turn out not to be a big deal considering Steve smith got into how many fights and still turned out to have a great career?

As long as he doesn't get into trouble with the law I'm happy.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Posted

You can't babysit a professional. If you don't believe he can keep himself out of trouble you don't draft him.

Not saying babysit, but I bet if anyone from the Hornets organization were in contact with him four days away from your first summer league game, then this wouldn't happen. Especially when the guy has character issues from the start. Just saying, it could've been prevented. You know what you drafted, now be proactive about it. Don't throw poo to the wall and hope it sticks

Sent from my HTCONE using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

Just to add my two cents: If you're PJ why put yourself in this situation? He has access to the Hornets practice facility now, why does he need to be playing a pickup basketball game at a YMCA where everyone knows who he is and how fragile his reputation is. I'm not sure if he started it or not, but either way he needs to be smarter. Glad we took him at 26 and not at 9 like some wanted.

A lot of pros do it this isn't a isolated event when it comes to basketball. Kemba plays pick up games in New York. Mugsy and Dell use to play at the Y on Albemarle Rd. In Charlotte.

Posted

God fuging dammit PJ.  It's time he gets his ass to Charlotte and stays there.

Posted

Surprise surprise, trouble continues to follow PJ.

I can't believe I actually convinced myself that Charlotte made a good pick with him. LOL, once a thug, always a thug. You showed that high schooler PJ,

Posted

Stupid kid. SOOOO much talent, but this is why I didn't want him.

Posted

Come on PEEJAY, not a good start.

Posted

Stay out of YMCA gyms for fugs sake. I get that he has an ego, probably wanted to walk in their now a pro and show off. It's tacky and juvenile. I bet he's about to get a stern talking to from the brass.

Posted

Thank God twitter wasn't around when I was playing college ball and playing pick up.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm am going to take a wild guess as to what happened based on what has been said. The first hit was probably an accident and just getting too physical playing defense.

Dude probably got pissed because he got hit in the head, got up in PJ'S face and PJ hit him or pushed him in the face or neck, and then the fight got broken up.

Poo happens every day. I have gotten into shoving matches with NBA players several times playing pick up. Poo happens

Posted

I have inside on this story. I can tell you Kentrall has been jealous of PJ ever since his name was called #facts