Hornets Sign Marvin Williams

• Please log in to reply
430 replies to this topic

#289 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:55 PM

I just wish we would have not signed any big names and next year try again. 7 million freed up next year could really help us sign a big name FA and resign players in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Exactly i agree, once we couldnt get Hayward i would have gave up and waited till next year. But noooo, we HAVE to show Al Jefferson we are serious about winning.

#290 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

HUDDLER

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:13 AM

Exactly i agree, once we couldnt get Hayward i would have gave up and waited till next year. But noooo, we HAVE to show Al Jefferson we are serious about winning.

It's not so much Al but the current landscape of the Eastern Conference. There's no one team that you can definitively say will be in the finals next season and the one team on paper that looks the part is very young with a brand new coach.

Also, Lance is pretty much the only FA left that could fit the roster and still has lots of room to grow much like the Hayward signing. Lose out on Lance and I agree, simply fill out the rest of the roster at that point.

#291 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

Moderators

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:23 AM

Everyone is right, Hendo would be a great 6th man.

But, that's the reason he gets so much "hate," because he's our actual starting two-guard.  The production doesn't match the role, whereas virtually every other position has, outside of McBob, but he signed elsewhere now.  And at least in McBob's case, he usually made a good decision even if he wasn't the most productive player.

#292 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia
HUDDLER

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:24 AM

But, that's the reason he gets so much "hate," because he's our actual starting two-guard. The production doesn't match the role, whereas virtually every other position has, outside of McBob, but he signed elsewhere now. And at least in McBob's case, he usually made a good decision even if he wasn't the most productive player.

Well said Diddy.

#293 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 13 July 2014 - 01:21 AM

After re-looking at the situation. Lance might not be an option and I have come to accept that.

#294 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

HUDDLER

Posted 13 July 2014 - 01:49 AM

After re-looking at the situation. Lance might not be an option and I have come to accept that.

YOU GOTTA BEE-LIEVE!

#295 MedellinHeel

MedellinHeel

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:27 AM

I do not think Hendo makes for a good 6th man. 

You need quick production from your bench. 

Hendo is not a shooter (so no getting hot from downtown). 

Hendo is not really a scorer. Usually takes all game to get his 12-16 points. 

He needs to be dealt imo. 

Edited by MedellinHeel, 13 July 2014 - 05:27 AM.

#296 wingswithsting

wingswithsting

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:51 AM

But, that's the reason he gets so much "hate," because he's our actual starting two-guard. The production doesn't match the role, whereas virtually every other position has, outside of McBob, but he signed elsewhere now. And at least in McBob's case, he usually made a good decision even if he wasn't the most productive player.

This is no reason to hate Hendo at all. Yes he is best suited as a 6th man, but it's not his fault the front office hasn't gotten a better starter. Even if you think there is a better option (lol) then it's not his fault the coach starts him.

#297 wingswithsting

wingswithsting

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:00 AM

If we sign Lance,

Any chance the Grizzlies would trade T. Prince for Hendo? They have tried to get rid of him for a while now. Could backup MKG for a year and be gone instead of Hendo for 2 years.

Maybe we could sell Thibs on his defensive ability and do a sign and trade of Hinrich for Hendo? They would rather play Butler at SF, and this would allow them to.

#298 Gay Cowboy

Gay Cowboy

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:10 AM

Hendo would be a horrible 6th man. The most successful 6th men are guys who can come off the bench & score; Ginobli, Harden, Crawford, etc. That ain't Hendo.

#299 trueblue

trueblue

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:22 AM

Cho signed him not Jordan.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Yeah.. Cuz every GM in the league has the ability to spend 14 million dollars without the owners OK.

#300 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:08 AM

It's interesting to read the opinion of this signing on some of the bigger general NBA boards around the internet. It's widely regarded as one of the worst signings of the summer. 

Edited by Keith Moons Liver, 13 July 2014 - 08:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users