#406 Illuminati704

Illuminati704

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationFort Polk, Louisiana

Posted Yesterday, 10:10 PM

To disagree and discuss is one thing - to write a 15 paragraph response and belittle everyone that disagrees with your OPINION is completely different. Inferiority complex....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#407 MCC

MCC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:16 PM

To suggest that I "like being contrarian" is to imply that my behavior is in some way based on yours.

I'm not thinking about you one bit when I say what I do, or else I would disagree with every post I see just for the sake of it.

When you show gaps in your thinking, I address it. I am a "clarifier," not a "contrarian," because you are irrelevant. Your thinking is as irrelevant as your time. 

But yeah, I don't care if everyone says something, everyone can be wrong. Everyone saying that the world was flat didn't make it so, and most people here saying that Williams' contract was fine, doesn't make it so. 

Anyone who expects others to get onboard with a position even if it's ridiculous, just because more people share it, is a problem in life. 

lol. The entire bases for your mentality is that you think you are always right. 

#408 lindseyjw14

lindseyjw14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:31 PM

Marvin Williams the man will be worth $7M alone just to be a strong veteran presence in the very young locker room, especially around Lance & PJ. I'm sure he'll take fellow UNC guy PJ under his wing & really help him out. He's also gonna be a very good player on the court.

Marvin is being hated on because he was an elite prospect that was drafted #2 as a frosh & expected to be an all star. Just because he isn't the star many expected doesn't mean he sucks. He's a very good player, and probably the 4th best player overall on our team right now. He's gonna step in & average around 14/7. He'll be worth every penny.

#409 ThinkAboutIt

ThinkAboutIt

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted Today, 12:33 AM

lol. The entire bases for your mentality is that you think you are always right. 

No, there is no "basis" to "my" mentality, because I am as irrelevant as the rest of you are. 

Logic is what it is, and that is my goal. I never said I always achieve it. 

Edited by ThinkAboutIt, Today, 12:34 AM.

#410 ThinkAboutIt

ThinkAboutIt

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted Today, 12:35 AM

Marvin Williams the man will be worth $7M alone just to be...

Justify away. The key is whether or not you realize why you must. 

Edited by ThinkAboutIt, Today, 12:36 AM.

#411 ThinkAboutIt

ThinkAboutIt

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted Today, 12:40 AM

To disagree and discuss is one thing - to write a 15 paragraph response and belittle everyone that disagrees with your OPINION is completely different. Inferiority complex....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Keep trying...or don't, who cares? 

My OPINION is irrelevant. What I said is Cho operates based on his opinion, which is a fact. All GMs do. Having "a title" doesn't change that. Anyone who can't see that, or who is enamored by titles, probably deserves to be belittled, lol. 

Edited by ThinkAboutIt, Today, 12:47 AM.

#412 ThinkAboutIt

ThinkAboutIt

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted Today, 01:13 AM

I like Marvin Williams' game. I also like Josh McRoberts' game. Doesn't mean that either is worth what Williams is being paid just because "I like" their games. Williams has superior athleticism and offensive skill set, but is not as good of a passer and doesn't bring other intangibles that McRoberts did like mixing it up and getting under the opposition's skin.

Sure, there is something to be said for having more offensive talent, but based on the style of play and toughness of Kemba, Lance, and MKG, McRoberts was the better overall fit, which makes Williams' overpay all the worse because you probably could've kept McRoberts for a million less...unless he just wanted to leave. Williams is probably better for Jefferson, though. Still, no rational person can be convinced that when the Hornets started free agency, they planned to give Marvin Williams $7M. Never would've happened if Utah didn't match Hayward, so why did it?

Momentary panic move or Cho brain fart after Utah matched? Desperately wanted to sign an ex-teammate of Al's? Or maybe they were just determined to overpay someone from Utah this offseason.

Edited by ThinkAboutIt, Today, 01:22 AM.

#413 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,813 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted Today, 03:19 AM

I like Marvin Williams' game. I also like Josh McRoberts' game. Doesn't mean that either is worth what Williams is being paid just because "I like" their games. Williams has superior athleticism and offensive skill set, but is not as good of a passer and doesn't bring other intangibles that McRoberts did like mixing it up and getting under the opposition's skin.

Sure, there is something to be said for having more offensive talent, but based on the style of play and toughness of Kemba, Lance, and MKG, McRoberts was the better overall fit, which makes Williams' overpay all the worse because you probably could've kept McRoberts for a million less...unless he just wanted to leave. Williams is probably better for Jefferson, though. Still, no rational person can be convinced that when the Hornets started free agency, they planned to give Marvin Williams $7M. Never would've happened if Utah didn't match Hayward, so why did it?

Momentary panic move or Cho brain fart after Utah matched? Desperately wanted to sign an ex-teammate of Al's? Or maybe they were just determined to overpay someone from Utah this offseason.

Your last paragraph sums it up nicely. I'll paraphrase what you're saying....you have NO idea why he paid him that much. None of us do. All you're doing is speculating using MW's past offensive performance as a measuring stick for what salary range you "think" he belongs in. Which has been my whole point the entire time. Cho has tons of information/knowledge/insight/scouting available to him that you only get from watching ESPN and which is fractions of the knowledge that he has. So he made his decision from his opinion (as you put it) to sign him and pay him what he did based on the situation as a whole which YOU ARENT ANYWHERE CLOSE TO FULLY AWARE OF.

So again (and again and again and again and again and again) we all know you think he paid too much. Thanks for making that crystal clear. The guy is on our team and we also signed your man-crush so this really is a moot point. Time to move on. However, if you're going to keep beating this topic to death, try doing it like you're talking to someone as if they are in front of you having a conversation. Calling people morons/idiots or anything else you've used to describe people who disagree with you wouldn't work if you were talking to people face-to-face. That's a fact.

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by RoaringRiot, Today, 03:21 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users