Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Omega Atrocity

Hornets salary cap situation

57 posts in this topic

I'm talking about the core in place, being capped at a 7/8 seed in the east. MJ's whole point of blowing up the roster back in 2010 because the team was capped with no way to improve the team in a major way. Back to the same spot now after the Williams deal. That's all I was getting at.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

Oh okay.

Yeah it appears that unless Zeller, MKG, Taylor, and Vonleh become studs in the next two years we're in the same spot.

Bump...

The number is just over $10 mil (about $10.2). That's also condition on P.J. and Vonleh getting the low end. Vonleh could get up to $3 and P.J. could get up to $1.2.

at this point, PJ should be happy if we gave him a one year membership to the jelly of the month club

2 people like this

This is now updated with the Roberts signing. Woj said "$5.5 million plus", so this isn't 100% accurate as the actual number hasn't been released. We're up to 12 out of 15 roster spots filled, and technically do not have to sign anyone else.

Hopefully Lance takes a 2y/20mil with us.

The roster is taking shape...

PG: Walker, Roberts, ???

SG: Henderson, Hairston, Neal

SF: Kidd-Gilchrist, Taylor

PF: Williams, Zeller, Vonleh

C: Jefferson, Biyombo

Give me Stephenson, a decent third string point guard, and Josh Davis and I'll be a happy man.

We don't need a 4th PF who will never see the court.

If anything I'd rather have a better backup than Biz.  Al has injury issues, and I really don't want Biz being our starting center.  What would Okafor cost nowadays? lol

The backup will probably be Zeller

Why do people think Zeller can play 5?