Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hornets salary cap situation

57 posts in this topic

Posted

We don't need a 4th PF who will never see the court.

Posted

If anything I'd rather have a better backup than Biz.  Al has injury issues, and I really don't want Biz being our starting center.  What would Okafor cost nowadays? lol

Posted

The backup will probably be Zeller

Posted

Why do people think Zeller can play 5?

Posted

Why do people think Zeller can play 5?

Why not? There are only a handful of true centers in the NBA that are worth a damn. Game has changed a lot.

Posted

Why not? There are only a handful of true centers in the NBA that are worth a damn. Game has changed a lot.

Because he gets bitched around by 4s. Be 3x worse against 5s

Posted

Maybe in 3 or 4 years if he can get stronger. But he is getting pushed around by small guys, what is he going to do with the biggens

Posted

We don't need a 4th PF who will never see the court.

It doesn't matter who the 15th guy is because he won't see the court anyway unless there is a blowout (i.e. Justin Hamilton, D.J. White).

Davis is that high energy guy that every team would love to have at the end of their bench.

We also may not even add a 15th, Clifford said we'll probably start the season with 14.

Posted

If anything I'd rather have a better backup than Biz. Al has injury issues, and I really don't want Biz being our starting center. What would Okafor cost nowadays? lol

No idea but PHX just renounced his rights.

He is coming off of an injury though.

Posted

Maybe in 3 or 4 years if he can get stronger. But he is getting pushed around by small guys, what is he going to do with the biggens

Well he doesn't have to play the same way as Jefferson, we could play him like L.A. played Gasol (right at the edge of the paint)

However, he'd have to have a consistent jumper to play that way.

Posted

One thing I read is the contract with Roberts isn't signed yet and fits the exception very well. We may very well have another move in store.

Posted

One thing I read is the contract with Roberts isn't signed yet and fits the exception very well. We may very well have another move in store.

No doubt.  One of the groups at either SF or SG will be different in a week or so imo.