Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hornets salary cap situation

57 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Since Bonnell made that Stephenson tweet, I went ahead and made the assumption that Roberts will be signed with the room exception. Roughly $12.7 million in space to throw at Stephenson/Boozer.

Posted · Report post

Since Bonnell made that Stephenson tweet, I went ahead and made the assumption that Roberts will be signed with the room exception. Roughly $12.7 million in space to throw at Stephenson/Boozer.

Would getting both of them while still signing Roberts be a possibility?

Posted · Report post

Would getting both of them while still signing Roberts be a possibility?

If Roberts is signed using the room exception, then our cap space won't matter (he hasn't officially signed just yet). So if we could get Boozer and Stephenson with $12.7 million then yes.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

If Roberts is signed using the room exception, then our cap space won't matter (he hasn't officially signed just yet). So if we could get Boozer and Stephenson with $12.7 million then yes.

If they have exactly $12.7M, could they sign Lance to $10.4M per and use the other $2.3M on Roberts, and then use some of the $5.3M that teams with no cap space can use to bid on Boozer?

Posted · Report post

If they have exactly $12.7M, could they sign Lance to $10.4M per and use the other $2.3M on Roberts, and then use some of the $5.3M that teams with no cap space can use to bid on Boozer?

No. you can't bid waivers with the MLE (that $5.3 million). We'd havee to bid on Boozer with the $2.3 million, or move Hendo or Neal to clear space.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Can we get Lance and Boozer the loser?

Posted · Report post

Now includes arguably the best contract handed out in free agency thus far. Seriously, we need to commend Cho on $9 million per, that's like $200,000 more than Indy was offering.

Posted · Report post

With the addition of Pargo out roster is done essentially. We have 1 more roster spot, but I'd say it will be empty to start the season. The only way anything substantial will happen would be a trade.

Posted · Report post

Yep, outside of a trade I'd think we're pretty much done.