Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deng to Miami

38 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Indiana- Still going to be a playoff team with George/Hibbert/Miles/West and possibly Stephenson.
Miami- Still going to be a playoff team with Bosh/Wade/Deng/McRoberts/Napier/Granger
Toronto- They've lost no one and were the third seed last year. Will probably still be a playoff team with Lowry/DeRozan/Patterson/Val
Chicago- Added Pau Gasol. Derrick Rose will also be back. Will still be a playoff team with Rose/Butler/Gibson/Gasol/McDermott
Brooklyn: Lost Shaun Livingston and Paul Pierce, still has Deron Williams and Joe Johnson. May miss the playoffs due to age.
Cleveland: Added James and Wiggins. Will make the playoffs with James/Irving/Wiggins
Washington: Replaced Ariza with Paul Pierce. Will make the playoffs with Wall/Beal/Pierce/Gortat
Atlanta: No significant losses, will have Al Horford back. Will make the playoffs with Teague/Millsap/Horford
Charlotte: Replaced McRoberts with Marvin Williams. May make the playoffs with Jefferson/Walker

Who is the odd team out?

Posted · Report post

Charlotte is gonna end up with no one. MJ's plan all along.

Posted · Report post

Indiana- Still going to be a playoff team with George.
Miami- Still going to be a playoff team with Bosh/Wade/Deng
Toronto- They've lost no one and were the third seed last year.
Chicago- Added Pau Gasol. Derrick Rose will also be back.
Brooklyn: Lost Shaun Livingston and Paul Pierce, still has Deron Williams and Joe Johnson.
Cleveland: Added James and Wiggins
Washington: Replaced Ariza with Paul Pierce
Atlanta: No significant losses, will have Al Horford back.
Charlotte: Replaced McRoberts with Marvin Williams.

Who is the odd team out?

Looks like it's Charlotte to me.

Orlando could give us a battle.

Posted · Report post

At some point, fans need to learn that Vonleh and Hairston are not going to give us much impact. We need 1-2 legitimate vets.

Posted · Report post

Looks like it's Charlotte to me.

Orlando could give us a battle.

I tend to agree.

I would say are only hope is for Brooklyn to start showing some age.

Posted · Report post

Indiana- Still going to be a playoff team with George.
Miami- Still going to be a playoff team with Bosh/Wade/Deng
Toronto- They've lost no one and were the third seed last year.
Chicago- Added Pau Gasol. Derrick Rose will also be back.
Brooklyn: Lost Shaun Livingston and Paul Pierce, still has Deron Williams and Joe Johnson.
Cleveland: Added James and Wiggins
Washington: Replaced Ariza with Paul Pierce
Atlanta: No significant losses, will have Al Horford back.
Charlotte: Replaced McRoberts with Marvin Williams.

Who is the odd team out?

Looks like Brooklyn or ATL. We "should have" been the 5th seed last season. If not for that loss to Boston at the end we are there (not sure how the tiebreaker with Brooklyn would have worked with us but we were ahead of Washington without that loss). If Al doesn't miss all those games at the beginning of the season then we are definitely #5 last year. We will be right in the mix again.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted · Report post

Right now yes. After a backup PG and resigning Kemba and Jefferson next offseason, no.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

Doesn't Al have two more years on his deal?

Sent from my iPhone

Posted · Report post

Looks like Brooklyn or ATL. We "should have" been the 5th seed last season. If not for that loss to Boston at the end we are there (not sure how the tiebreaker with Brooklyn would have worked with us but we were ahead of Washington without that loss). If Al doesn't miss all those games at the beginning of the season then we are definitely #5 last year. We will be right in the mix again.

Sent from my iPhone

Atlanta was a top four team in the east before Horford got hurt. I doubt they miss the playoffs.

Posted · Report post

My guess is that Charlotte or Brooklyn misses the playoffs, possibly Toronto or Washington.

Posted · Report post

No way Toronto or Washington miss the playoffs. Toronto has Lowry/Derozan/Ross and were a 3rd seed last year. They could end up being a top 3 seed again this year. Washington has Wall/Beal/Gortat and has added Pierce. The difference between Ariza and Pierce aren't that significant.

Plus, you have to remember the Knicks could compete. Will Phil Jackson and the positive vibe of Anthony returning they could contend for a 7th or 8th seed like last year.

It will be us, Brooklyn or maybe Atlanta.

Posted · Report post

If we don't get Lance, we're an Al injury away from being a legit lottery team. Not joking.

Posted · Report post

I keep seeing Atlanta...

Atlanta was in third place before Horford got hurt.

They aren't missing the playoffs.

Jeff Teague/Kyle Korver/Thabo Sefalosha/Paul Millsap/Al Horford with Dennis Schroeder, DeMarre Carroll, Kent Bazemore and Adreian Payne coming off the bench. I don't see how they miss the playoffs.

Also like JJ said, New York could push us with Calderon/Hardaway/Melo/Dalembert etc... I don't see them making the playoffs, but it's possible.

Just my two cents, but I see it playing out this way.

1. Indiana (division winner)
2. Cleveland
3. Toronto (division winner)
4. Miami (division winner)
5. Chicago
6. Washington
7. Atlanta
8. Charlotte
9. Brooklyn
10. New York
11. Detroit
12. Orlando