Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deng to Miami

38 posts in this topic

Posted

Miami is a playoff team again, so what team that made it last year, won't make the playoffs this season?

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

I think the top three seeds will be Indiana, Chicago and Cleveland.

After that there is Miami, Brooklyn, Washington, Toronto, Charlotte and Atlanta at a similar level. Of those teams other teams I'd say the vulnerable one could be one of three:

- Brooklyn, they need key players to stay healthy. D-Will and Lopez have struggled with injuries, if they reoccur they could have issues. Can Garnett and Johnson carry them? I'm not convinced.

- Atlanta, on the fringe last season. They've got talent, but have they made a huge step forward this off season?

- Charlotte, don't get me wrong I think we have a good team. But what if Big Al struggles with injuries, can Kemba carry this team on his back to the play offs? I'm not convinced Kemba, Hendo, MKG, Williams, and Biyombo would get us there.

Posted

Doesn't Al have two more years on his deal?

Sent from my iPhone

Yea he does, but I'd be surprised if he doesn't opt out for a bigger deal.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yea he does, but I'd be surprised if he doesn't opt out for a bigger deal.

Yep...I didn't consider that originally

Sent from my iPhone

Posted

Wade is an every other game player. I don't see how Miami can be penciled in as the division winner at all.

Posted

Wade is an every other game player. I don't see how Miami can be penciled in as the division winner at all.

If Bosh returns to the level of offensive out put he had in Toronto, then he has the ability to carry the team. They have some decent supporting players in Granger, Deng and McRoberts. If they add more role players, and perhaps try to acquire another good starting calibre player, then they have enough firepower and defensive ability to get into the play offs. Adding a healthy Wade to the equation can make them a 4th seed contender.

Posted

Deng is much better than 3 mil more than MW.

That's a value signing by Miami.

Posted

After pacers, bulls, and cavs its like the nfl anyone can be 4-10. Hornets need a healthy al and the young players to move up skills to have a shot. Plus signing lance would improve the odds too.

Posted

If Bosh returns to the level of offensive out put he had in Toronto, then he has the ability to carry the team. They have some decent supporting players in Granger, Deng and McRoberts. If they add more role players, and perhaps try to acquire another good starting calibre player, then they have enough firepower and defensive ability to get into the play offs. Adding a healthy Wade to the equation can make them a 4th seed contender.

For some reason I forgot about Bosh. So yeah, I agree with them as favorites now lol.

Posted

For some reason I forgot about Bosh. So yeah, I agree with them as favorites now lol.

Rumors say Chalmers is going back. Not a great PG, but a decent enough starter. Granted they'll miss LeBron, but they have a potentially competitive team:

Chalmers / Cole / Napier

Wade / ?

Deng / Granger / Jones

McRoberts / Haslem / Beasley

Bosh / Anderson / Hamilton

If they brought back the likes of Haslem, Anderson, Jones, and Beasley on fair price contracts they'd have decent enough starters and rotation at PG, SF, PF and C. Main weakness is backup SG, but overall they can put together a competitive line up and rotation. They still lack a true starting center, and Bosh is more suited to PF, but at this stage it shouldn't be a huge issue.

For me, Miami should be a contender for the 4th play off spot next season.

Posted

Rumors say Chalmers is going back. Not a great PG, but a decent enough starter. Granted they'll miss LeBron, but they have a potentially competitive team:

Chalmers / Cole / Napier

Wade / ?

Deng / Granger / Jones

McRoberts / Haslem / Beasley

Bosh / Anderson / Hamilton

If they brought back the likes of Haslem, Anderson, Jones, and Beasley on fair price contracts they'd have decent enough starters and rotation at PG, SF, PF and C. Main weakness is backup SG, but overall they can put together a competitive line up and rotation. They still lack a true starting center, and Bosh is more suited to PF, but at this stage it shouldn't be a huge issue.

For me, Miami should be a contender for the 4th play off spot next season.

James Ennis will likely be their backup SG.

Posted

Bosh won't be able to carry the team if they have him out of position playing center again.  They are so silly.  Lebron won't be there to mask that positioning.  Can't wait to see the new Heat defend Big Al.

Posted

Bosh won't be able to carry the team if they have him out of position playing center again. They are so silly. Lebron won't be there to mask that positioning. Can't wait to see the new Heat defend Big Al.

Agreed, if they can bring back Haslem then I guess they can go with him at center, or if there is a starting caliber center they can afford to sign, then that will allow them to play Bosh in his most effective position. If they did that, then Bosh starting with McRoberts off the bench is a heck of a combination.