Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hornets sign Brian Roberts

101 posts in this topic

Posted

Whether we get lance or not. I like this signing. Roberts will surprise a lot of people.

2 people like this

Posted

Pretty sure we can still pay 12-14 this year. We had 23mil open after the pieces fell into place. 7 for Williams, 3 for Roberts.

13? Lightly back load so he gets 15 next year.

Not the end of the world guys.....

Now factor in $3 to $4 for our draft picks.

1 person likes this

Posted

Roberts, a former Dayton Flyers’ standout, averaged 9.4 points, 3.3 assists and 1.9 rebounds per game while shooting 42.0% from the floor, 36.0% from beyond the arc and 94.0% from the free throw last season. He played in 72 games and made 42 starts, filling in for the injured Jrue Holiday. Over his two-year career, he has averaged 8.2 points, 3.0 assists and 1.6 rebounds per game while shooting 41.8% from the field, 37.2% from three and 92.9% from the charity stripe.

I like it, he's got room to grow.

Posted

Just because you trade Henderson doesn't mean you get rid of his $6 mil. I'm pretty sure there are no $6 mil non guaranteed contracts out there. When you trade him, salary will be coming back.

Posted

So we still have 11 mill or so right?

4 year 44 mill for stephenson?? We can make a move somewhere if we need a million or two

More like $9 to $10

Posted

I like Roberts, shifty guy who can score and really good 3 pt shooter and is going up far as improving his game.

Posted

Whether we get lance or not. I like this signing. Roberts will surprise a lot of people.

I like him as well. He is a relatively unknown name but his numbers are great for the contract we gave him.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

Cho wouldn't have went dumpster diving for a cheap PG with all that cap space unless he had other plans.

I'll take his expertise over a teenage arm chair GM.

1 person likes this

Posted

Cho wouldn't have went dumpster diving for a cheap PG with all that cap space unless he had other plans.

I'll take his expertise over a teenage arm chair GM.

Who is asking you to take their "expertise" over anyone else's opinion? No one cares who you believe or what you do, any more than they care what I think, or any one else.

Disagreement is fine. Arguing is fine.

Posted

Or Cho could be saving money to re-sign Al, Kemba, and Biyombo. Which is sure to add another $10 mil to our salary cap next year.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm a huge Stephenson advocate but I like this signing and I don't believe it affects our chances at getting Lance.

1 person likes this

Posted

Who is asking you to take their "expertise" over anyone else's opinion? No one cares who you believe or what you do, any more than they care what I thin, or any one else.

Disagreement is fine. Arguing is fine.

Overreaction when Lance has not signed and we still have the money to make a reasonable offer if we want, however, is not.

1 person likes this