Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dorian Gray

Hornets sign Brian Roberts

101 posts in this topic

The smart move might be to sign Lance, move Henderson next offseason (early, when teams have cap room), and go slightly over to re-sign Kemba.

1 person likes this

Woj said we wanted to get Kirk Hinrick but it is believed he is destined/wants to go back to Chicago and we just moved on to the next one....

Just because you trade Henderson doesn't mean you get rid of his $6 mil. I'm pretty sure there are no $6 mil non guaranteed contracts out there. When you trade him, salary will be coming back.

Swap contract with Tyreke Evans?

Swap contract with Tyreke Evans?

No complaints here, I like Evans.

But he's an awful shooter. He makes his living at the rim. 77% of his shots are inside the paint.

Back loading is very uncommon in the NBA. I guess we could do that, but the chances are slim.

This is true but a guy like Lance, as seen on tv, will try to do anything to win.

He has the advantage of being a star here. In IND he plays 3rd flute behind George and Hibbert(it's ridiculous)

I guess some would prefer us not have a true PG on our roster at all? I'm confused by the fuss here. I'm sure if we really want Stephenson we can still find a way to get him.

1 person likes this

This is true but a guy like Lance, as seen on tv, will try to do anything to win.

He has the advantage of being a star here. In IND he plays 3rd flute behind George and Hibbert(it's ridiculous)

Could be. I'm not in the negotiating room, so I have no idea what type of contracts or contract is being drawn up.

I'm just pointing out how uncommon backloaded contracts are in the NBA.

The only two poison pill contracts I can think of are Lin's and Asik's. Imagine that lol.

good signing, inexpensive and not as bad as ppl want to say. 

This isn't the NFL. Contracts don't work like that in the NBA.

Actually they work however the 2 ways agree while staying within the rules of cap.

Woj said we wanted to get Kirk Hinrick but it is believed he is destined/wants to go back to Chicago and we just moved on to the next one....

I don't blame Kirk, he's got a great gig there and Chicago is currently in better shape than us.

He would have been a great player in Clifford's defensive oriented system though.