Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting nugget right here......

44 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

So, I guess it really didn't make sense to sign Roberts before you went after Stephenson (if you do), like I said in the other thread. 

Even if my angst ends up being unnecessary thanks to this information, I was still right, in spirit, and logically.

Posted · Report post

So...is Vho an idiot of a genius now. I can 'to keep it straight with you guys.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

So, I guess it really didn't make sense to sign Roberts before you went after Stephenson (if you do), like I said in the other thread.

Even if my angst ends up being unnecessary thanks to this information, I was still right, in spirit, and logically.

Even when you are wrong, you are right.

You are the hero.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Even when you are wrong, you are right.

You are the hero.

When logical truth is your goal, then, yes.

Posted · Report post

When logical truth is your goal, then, yes.

Quite a lofty and specific goal.

Posted · Report post

Quite a lofty and specific goal.

It would make zero sense, logically, to sign Roberts before you go after Lance Stephenson, if you planned to. Anyone should know that's true. That's what I was arguing.

Posted · Report post

It would make zero sense, logically, to sign Roberts before you go after Lance Stephenson, if you planned to. Anyone should know that's true. That's what I was arguing.

Wby not?. I am missing your logic. We have the exact same amount of spending room we had before the signing

Posted · Report post

Wby not?. I am missing your logic. We have the exact same amount of spending room we had before the signing

When I see "CHA would wait to sign him to keep open as much space as possible" I interpret that as meaning they are waiting to sign him for some reason, and if they didn't "wait" to sign him, they wouldn't have the same amount of spending room.

Posted · Report post

When I see "CHA would wait to sign him to keep open as much space as possible" I interpret that as meaning they are waiting to sign him for some reason, and if they didn't "wait" to sign him, they wouldn't have the same amount of spending room.

It means you can sign him and go over the cap. So if we spend all the money under the cap he signs last even though we have no cap room.

You need to do it I BELIVE when you still have cap space. Not sure about that, but in terms of pursuing Lance it doesn't affect that at all

Posted · Report post

and moving Hopson's contract only a few hours later to create more cap room says they are trying to do something soon, IMO

Posted · Report post

It means you can sign him and go over the cap. So if we spend all the money under the cap he signs last even though we have no cap room.

You need to do it I BELIVE when you still have cap space. Not sure about that, but in terms of pursuing Lance it doesn't affect that at all

You are waiting to sign him so you can do something else first. After you do that, then you can sign him over the cap. I know that. That's why I've said everything I've said, thus far, but you still have to "wait" until you've used up most of your other cap room before you do that.

MLE with no more cap space = $5.3M.

With some cap space = $2.something Million.

Posted · Report post

I think the logical thing about it is that we have him locked in now and can still pursue lance instead of pursuing lance and then taking whoever is left after that.
2 people like this