23 replies to this topic

#16 TheMostInterestingMan

TheMostInterestingMan

Stay Thirsty My Friends

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:15 PM

I'm not a big fan of the OP to be totally honest, but he has a valid point. And posting "BANT" over and over in the thread is way more obnoxious than him posting stats... So yeah

#17 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,973 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:39 PM

His name alone "Gay" should already make him bant worthy!

That's ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone

#18 TheMostInterestingMan

TheMostInterestingMan

Stay Thirsty My Friends

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:47 PM

Man I love the guys on this forum... But I stay consistently embarrassed for some of you

#19 Mike

Mike

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:59 PM

Just like p49 said, 3mill more for deng is the better value by far. Only thing saving williams is the PF, both have had injuries bugs. In a small lineup I think deng could pull off being being a PF.

Deng is a good value at $10 million, but I couldn't see him turning Miami down for us. They are a team with three championships, and are a well run team. They've got two all stars (Bosh and Wade), and some decent supporting players (McRoberts, Granger, Chalmers etc). If their starting five stays healthy, and their rotation is productive, they can compete for a high seed.

That said, I think Williams is a fair replacement for McRoberts, and perhaps the better fit for us. He's not going to set the world alight, but he's got the ability to contribute in the line up and bridge the gap until Zeller or Vonleh are ready [if they ever are]. The problem with Deng is it drops MKG to the bench, or forces the team to play a small line up. For me, PF was the bigger need for a veteran.

#20 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,973 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:01 PM

Deng is a good value at $10 million, but I couldn't see him turning Miami down for us. They are a team with three championships, and are a well run team. They've got two all stars (Bosh and Wade), and some decent supporting players (McRoberts, Granger, Chalmers etc). If their starting five stays healthy, and their rotation is productive, they can compete for a high seed.

That said, I think Williams is a fair replacement for McRoberts, and perhaps the better fit for us. He's not going to set the world alight, but he's got the ability to contribute in the line up and bridge the gap until Zeller or Vonleh are ready [if they ever are]. The problem with Deng is it drops MKG to the bench, or forces the team to play a small line up. For me, PF was the bigger need for a veteran.

This. All of it.

All of a sudden people think if we offered the same contract as Miami he would sign here instead.

Sent from my iPhone

#21 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:09 PM

That's ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone

I know!!!! That's ridiculous. He needs a time out.

;)

#22 MedellinHeel

MedellinHeel

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:09 PM

actually agree with the premise of this thread. 

just didnt need to add the extra incendiary jabs. 

#23 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:23 PM

If we sign Lance, he can make up for the passing we lost with McRoberts, which is really the only thing he had on Marvin, and OK 3 point shooting.  

#24 Gay Cowboy

Gay Cowboy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:36 PM

If we sign Lance, he can make up for the passing we lost with McRoberts, which is really the only thing he had on Marvin, and OK 3 point shooting.

I'd give the 3-pt shooting nod to Marvin. They both have the same % but Williams has taken twice as many 3s in the NBA. Passing is literally the only thing McBob does better. Marvin is arguably better at every other aspect of the game, & his contract is much better (2 yr vs 4 yr). They are both great guys & teammates from all accounts, so that part is a wash.

3-pt %, 13-14 & career

McBob- 105-291 (36%) 163-476 (34%)

Marvin- 84-234 (36%) 353-1054 (34%)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users