Photo
- - - - -

We keep hearing Cho might rather make a trade....

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:26 PM

The difference with Rondo is the Celtics have won a championship and been to the play offs 6 out 8 seasons in his career. They are currently rebuilding, and while that is not something he will enjoy being a part of, the fact is they have an elite PG to build around. Generally teams don't give away elite players, and instead try to surround them with players that can help them compete for a championship.  

The Celtics have some decent pieces like Avery Bradley and Jeff Green, both guys can become contributors for them going forwards. Then there some young recent draft picks like Olynek, Smart and Young that can have bright futures. Now I'm not sure how good the Celtics will be this season, but if they can show signs of improvement and that they are heading in the right direction, it is possible that Rondo signs a new contract with them.

They might end up trading Rondo because they have Marcus Smart, but for me, I would rather build my team around an elite PG like Rondo than Marcus Smart. Don't get me wrong, Smart is talented, but has he the potential to become a better player than Rondo? I'm not convinced. 

The consistent rumors of the Celtics shopping Rondo started in 2009. They've never pulled the trigger despite him being a trade deadline rumor for 5 years because they continually have asked for too much. Now, after a disappointing season, they'll have to settle.

That was my only point. Outside of that you stated things that everyone else considers fact.

Edited by PiratePanther189, 14 July 2014 - 07:27 PM.

#42 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationRaleigh
HUDDLER

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:05 PM

The only way Toronto deals DD is if they take a huge step back next year IMO. Coming off a 3 seed, and dealing your 2nd best player? Not happening. 

There will be some names to pop up mid-season, but right now I can't think of anyone outside of Love, who won't be coming here. Guys like Rondo and Cousins have been mentioned in seasons past, but I don't see the fit in Charlotte for obvious reasons. 

I saw Eric Gordon mentioned earlier, and hellllllll no. He's made of glass and has a huge contract. 

#43 BountyHunter

BountyHunter

I'm not a Saint

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:12 PM

That might be as bad as our summer league team.

Just imagine the shooting combination of Rondo-Hendo-MKG.

Our team would go from Tanking to Clanking

Edited by BountyHunter, 14 July 2014 - 08:13 PM.

#44 WOW!!

WOW!!

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:26 PM

Eric Gordon please.

#45 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• LocationCharleston SC
SUPPORTER

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:17 PM

Hornets- Klay Thompson, Kevin Martin

Warriors- Kevin Love, Corey Brewer, Ronny Turiaf

T-Wolves- Harrison Barnes, David Lee, Gerald Henderson, Cody Zeller, 3 1st rd picks (2 GS, 1 CHA)

We can't lose Zeller. Depth.

#46 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia
HUDDLER

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:42 PM

There's a team out there willing to make the money work...

Another complication in a proposed Love-for-Wiggins trade is making the money match under the salary cap, since Wiggins will be on a rookie scale deal and Love is due to earn nearly $16 million. But no one polled this week in Las Vegas believes that will be a stumbling block. A third team could be included, one executive offered, to make the money work. Wiggins has yet to sign his contract with the Cavs. Once he does, he can’t be traded for 30 days under league rules. Akron Beacon Journal

I could see Kevin Martin coming to Charlotte in this scenario.

Edited by CarolinaPanthers8789, 14 July 2014 - 11:44 PM.

#47 JJman

JJman

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationSpartanburg, SC
HUDDLER

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:45 AM

Too much speculation in this thread for my taste, though.

#48 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

HUDDLER

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:30 AM

If the Celtics clear cap space they can make a run at free agents next off season. I think the likes of Kevin Love (if he isn't dealt), LaMarcus Aldridge, Marc Gasol, Big Al (if he opts out) etc would rather have Rondo at PG than Smart...

If the Celtics can add a top tier free agent and hit lucky in the draft, they can start building themselves into a competitive outfit. Granted it might make sense to deal Rondo and get something for him, but what will a team offer for him?

The Kings might throw a first round pick their way plus Maccllum and McLemore; or a contender might throw some picks their way; but whatever the deal, unless it was too good to turn down, I'd keep Rondo and re-sign him.

I think Rondo, Bradley, Green, Young, Smart and co makes for a decent young core. Add another set of draft picks and add a big name free agent, and they can make progress. Some teams have risen quickly, so it wouldn't surprise me to see the Celtics back as a force in the next couple of seasons.

True, if they could land a max free agent, then that team could be good enough to do something. Fair points.

#49 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:13 AM

Goran Dragic

#50 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:21 AM

Eric Gordon please.

Always liked the kid and he's still young as hell. But, not sure if I want him due to that huge contract and his injury history.

Speculations that the Pelicans may be shopping Tyreke Evans. I would rather have him than Gordon.

Edited by carolina-chuck, 15 July 2014 - 06:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users