Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Hurricanes Logo That Never Was

24 posts in this topic

Posted

Full Article: http://www.icethetics.co/blog/2014/7/14/designing-the-90s-nhl-part-2-expansion-relocation

The following logo(s) that you are about to see were designed for the Carolina Hurricane(s). Thank goodness we went with "the eye" a.k.a. "the flushing toilet."

The logo was intended to be the primary mark for the team, since it was a new franchise. At first glance, you’ll probably see “C” and “H” for Carolina Hurricane. But if you look more closely, you’ll notice that the overall “H” form has a “W” intertwined, being formed by the vertical anchor rod in the middle.

0714-car97-loh-logos.jpg

bFrx76z.gif

Posted

Did Georgia O'Keeffe design that?

2 people like this

Posted

The alt isn't THAT bad

Posted

looks like it has the whalers old logo running up the side.

Posted

I totally would have used this, I have a very weird taste in fashion though. Love or hate the uniform you have to admit those logos are classy as fug.

Posted

I think the logo is cool as an image, but I don't feel a connection to 'hurricanes'

Posted

looks like it has the whalers old logo running up the side.

You're right, it does.

I didn't notice that.

Posted

Don't like the purple but the work is cool itself

Posted

You're right, it does.

I didn't notice that.

Yea that is so part of the whalers logo used multiple time in the logo, but not surprising. Since they kept the checkers on the bottom originally and all.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

Posted

I don't mind that but the color scheme is terrible and the ship logo is too cartoony.  It does look mildly like a vagina.

Posted

I think the logo is cool as an image, but I don't feel a connection to 'hurricanes'

Looks more like the Carolina Clippers (the original Checkers franchise that re-located from Baltimore as the Clippers in the late 50s was the Charlotte Clippers until they had a name-the-team contest and Checkers won out.)

The nods to the Whalers seems like a slap in the face to Whaler fans. Can you imagine if OKC tried to add Sonics stuff into their brand?

1 person likes this

Posted

Lord almighty those are horrible.

1 person likes this