Photo
- - - - -

OMG! OMG OMG OMG! JIMMY GRAHAM SIGNED A DEAL!

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 pattipanther

pattipanther

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:14 PM

Want me to talk football? Wasn't your team sitting on the couch WATCHING same week? We got a bye...u got a road win...ended up same place

Sent from my SM-N900T using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#32 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,357 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:16 PM

That was meant to be plural "seconds". Hixon TD was with 28seconds left, so to be precise, it was 28 seconds away from a sweep. If you look at tie breakers, Saints would have won head to head tiebreakers too if you want to just compare the two teams against each other in actual play against each other. Comparing the two games, the wins might be split, but the total points, total yards, total TDs, strength of victory all favor the Saints easily.

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in common games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.

Just bc Panthers won some meaningless division title doesn't mean they were the better team. Saints had all the head to head tiebreakers if the records were the same, Saints won in postseason on the road while Panthers looked out of place playing at home with an extra weeks rest against a team coming off a west coast game and having to travel across the NA continent,

So much bitterness. I would feel the same way if my team started 5-0, blew a 3.5 game division lead, and lost a game against a shitty jets team where their quarterback completed 8 passes, and a rams team starting their back up QB. Let's not forget about that important game against a supposedly inferior panthers team that your world class offense couldn't score more than one TD on or get a first down when it mattered and that your dominant defense couldn't stop a clearly hurt cam newton from marching down the field with less than a minute left without his best receiver.

#33 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,138 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:11 PM

So much bitterness. I would feel the same way if my team started 5-0, blew a 3.5 game division lead, and lost a game against a shitty jets team where their quarterback completed 8 passes, and a rams team starting their back up QB. Let's not forget about that important game against a supposedly inferior panthers team that your world class offense couldn't score more than one TD on or get a first down when it mattered and that your dominant defense couldn't stop a clearly hurt cam newton from marching down the field with less than a minute left without his best receiver.

there is literally no reply to this

#34 Bodybag

Bodybag

100% woman-proof

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:12 PM

I dunno? I thought you guys won fair and square and even congratulated you afterwards.

#35 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:33 PM

That's that poo that make your soul burn slow.

#36 TNPanther

TNPanther

Jimmie Rustler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,085 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:08 PM

I dunno? I thought you guys won fair and square and even congratulated you afterwards.

You're a classy fan for the most part and talk good smack. We're just referring to the other sack of fat.

#37 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,357 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:38 PM

Right on. I'm just saying, call out your fellow saints fan for doing the same shite.

#38 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,204 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:51 PM

Right on. I'm just saying, call out your fellow saints fan for doing the same shite.

Well considering I predicted a loss before the game, made a thread congratulating panthers for win right after game, and never said they didn't win the second game, I'm not sure what point you're making, you do realize the teams played twice, so if you compare the 8 qtrs total played by team last year, the w/l was a tie, so if you go tiebreakers, saints scored more point, more TDs, more yards, etc. also bother teams finished 2013 with the same number of wins.

#39 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 11,009 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:47 PM

You realize tie breakers do not matter when there is no tie, right?
That's like saying "well we would have won if we hadn't lost" It has no bearing on reality.

Sure both teams finished with the same number of wins, but the Saints finished with more losses.

#40 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:06 AM

Well considering I predicted a loss before the game, made a thread congratulating panthers for win right after game, and never said they didn't win the second game, I'm not sure what point you're making, you do realize the teams played twice, so if you compare the 8 qtrs total played by team last year, the w/l was a tie, so if you go tiebreakers, saints scored more point, more TDs, more yards, etc. also bother teams finished 2013 with the same number of wins.

100% idiot

#41 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,357 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:15 AM

Well considering I predicted a loss before the game, made a thread congratulating panthers for win right after game,

Link? I remember bodybag showing up after the game, but you being mysteriously absent. I also remember you predicting a split before both games were played, but changing your tune after the first one.

and never said they didn't win the second game, I'm not sure what point you're making, you do realize the teams played twice, so if you compare the 8 qtrs total played by team last year, the w/l was a tie, so if you go tiebreakers, saints scored more point, more TDs, more yards, etc. also bother teams finished 2013 with the same number of wins.

You've spent roughly 30000000 words marginalizing that particular saints loss as a fluke and cherry picking stats willy nilly (just like you do with literally every other saints loss and to qualify why you're never wrong about predictions you've made which are always pro-saints). And what is this bullshit about tiebreakers anyway. A tiebreaker only has relevance if the saints win either the game against the panthers, don't choke against the patriots, or lose to the bumbling jets and rams, or don't get completely embarrassed against the world champs. But guess what, the saints failed at all of those things, and no matter how many stats you cherry pick, PFF articles, etc the division trophy is in our case.

And sorry, 12-5 > 12-6

#42 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,204 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:38 AM

Link? I remember bodybag showing up after the game, but you being mysteriously absent. I also remember you predicting a split before both games were played, but changing your tune after the first one.

And sorry, 12-5 > 12-6

Changing my tune?

I appreciate the offer but I have one already, I think my parents get it with the suite , but thanks. I was going to come down after game and meet in person, but I didn't see you out on the field anymore. Also, I knew from your posts you were excited about game and were probably pretty bummed after such a bad showing. Hopefully they don't return the favor this week because that would really suck to lose division at very end after owning it all season. That's part of the reason why I'm not going up there this weekend. I kinda already expected Saints to split with Panthers, so I was expecting a loss anyway, but after Rams debacle, don't need to see us lose division in person. Add to that my friends are flying in shortly and have some family flying in tonight also for holidays, so I would have to drag them along too. Good luck Sunday!

Mysteriously absent after loss?

http://www.carolinah...ns-on-playoffs/

Edited by Big A, 20 July 2014 - 11:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com