Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boozer?

152 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

When a player is amnestied he is put on waivers and other teams have to bid on them. For Brendan Haywood the winning bid was $2 million. Whoever bids the highest gets him, at whatever price that happens to be. The bid cannot exceed the previous contract ($16 million per in this case).

Does the previous contract length transfer over to the team that acquires him?

Posted · Report post

Here is an oversimplified version of the amnesty provision.

Here is a more in depth description of amnesty, but it's full of NBA contract jargon some of you may not understand.

Posted · Report post

Does the previous contract length transfer over to the team that acquires him?

That is correct. For Boozer teams bidding will only be bidding for this season, as this was the final season of his deal.

Posted · Report post

Can we quit bashing UNC fans...

I'm a huge Carolina fan and most of the time I'm the only one defending guys like Henderson, McBob, etc...

I can't stand people who bring their favorite college allegiance into the equation. I don't like Henderson bc makes us worse IMO. Not bc he went to duke. I don't like pj so far bc he seems to be too immature not bc he went to unc. It's infuriating to see people Be biased bc of a college game.

I hope the best for all of our players including Hendo regardless where they have played and wish people would do the same.

Posted · Report post

That is correct. For Boozer teams bidding will only be bidding for this season, as this was the final season of his deal.

I'd do $4 mil.

Posted · Report post

We could prob bid about 5 mil for him, and then use the full MLE if we still wanted Lance too. 

I think so anyways. 

Posted · Report post

Yea, I'm a diehard UNC fan yet I was a huge McRoberts fan and I believe Boozer would be a great addition for that price. Lol..

Posted · Report post

We could prob bid about 5 mil for him, and then use the full MLE if we still wanted Lance too. 

I think so anyways. 

You can't bid with the MLE as players acquired through waivers are signed immediately without negotiation at a base number.

Posted · Report post

Walker
Henderson
Williams
Boozer
Jefferson

MJ wants to make a splash, Clifford loves his veterans. I'm gonna be pissed off.

MKG, Hairston, Vonleh, & Zeller will all average 15 minutes per game or less.

Posted · Report post

I think so anyways.

I'm not 100 percent on this but I think since we started with cap space we can only use the 2.5 exception or whatever it is. Only teams that start with no cap space are allowed to use the full MLE. But like I said not exactly sure

Posted · Report post

I feel like we were linked in trade talks with Boozer either last year or the season before if I'm not mistaken.

Posted · Report post

Heat are said to have interest as well.