Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TJ Warren

29 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

It makes my heart hurt to think about how good Warren wound have looked in a Hornet jersey. 26 and 12 tonight...so far. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

As good as I think Vonleh can be

Its gonna hurt watching him put up big numbers while Vonleh is learning the ropes

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/101413-tj-warren/page-3

I'm sure we would've considered him along with McDermott if Vonleh wasn't available.  I thought Vonleh being available made him a must-take pick.  He can be a serious force in this league so don't put too much bank in the summer league.  

The guys ready to step up day-1 will look great right now and TJ is one of those guys.   

Posted · Report post

Charlotte already has a pair of starting wings who can't shoot the ball. Warren would've been a terrible fit.

Posted · Report post

Charlotte already has a pair of starting wings who can't shoot the ball. Warren would've been a terrible fit.

Quick clarification: Are you saying he's not a shooter? 

Posted · Report post

Quick clarification: Are you saying he's not a shooter?

He shot 26% from the 3pt line last season.

Posted · Report post

He shot 26% from the 3pt line last season.

Wow.  I didn't realize that until I checked it out.  He still has a way of putting it in the hoop but that stat is interesting...especially given the drop from the year prior.  

With the supporting backcourt in Phoenix, he's gonna a strong fit there.  

Posted · Report post

Slasher transition guy..so no he is not a shooter. Love his gm but...
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

He can score. We need scorers. And, his jumper will improve. Lebron could not shoot when he entered the League, either. 

Posted · Report post

Warren doesn't exactly shoot well from the perimeter and his free throw percentage is pretty poor. Personally, I don't think he'll ever develop a perimeter game because the extra three feet from the college three point line to the pro line will make a huge difference.

However, he can fill it up with the best of them. He has a fantastic mid-range game, rebounds with the best of them, and plays solid defense.

Phoenix got a very good player.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I'm just going to say it. In Huddle mock draft he was my #2 on my board of players I thought would be available.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

He can score. We need scorers. And, his jumper will improve. Lebron could not shoot when he entered the League, either.

Comparing him to LeBron shows your homerism. TJ is a good player but he would be a terrible fit in Charlotte. Also, SL is a glorified pick up game against horrible players. He's not gonna do that during the regular season.

We don't need scorers, we need 3pt shooters. Kemba, Al, & Marvin can all score. We need a wing who can shoot. TJ would be horrible beside Henderson/MKG. He can't shoot and create space for Big Al or take pressure off Kemba.