Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TJ Warren

29 posts in this topic

Posted

For some odd reason this is the year I think Kidd-Gilcrest takes the jump with his midrange to 17 foot jumper. I think 3 pointers are still a ways off.

I hope so.

Just give MKG an avg mid range game with his defense and that is a huge asset

Posted

Can't pass up on Vonleh.

But, this is why some high lottery teams fugged it up; raw over polished.

Baffles me why GM's will pass up players that are very skilled and polished. 

TJ Warren was one of the best players in the draft. 

Posted

I hope so.

Just give MKG an avg mid range game with his defense and that is a huge asset

He needs more confidence when attacking the basket. When/if he gets that he'll already be an above average offensive player

Posted

He needs more confidence when attacking the basket. When/if he gets that he'll already be an above average offensive player

MKG could be an awesome longtime player if he develops a midrange shot or is able to attack the basket better. If he improves in both areas...

As for TJ, watch him blossom. I think in two years he'll be shooting much better from 3 as well. Hard worker, fairly athletic, unbelievably skilled. If he can play D the way Clifford noted, he well be great.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 person likes this

Posted

He needs to fit into the right system to be most effective. If you play him at the 3 on the wing, he isn't going to get a lot of points and will get abused on defense.

Play him as an undersized 4 and you have something in the right matchup. Within 15 feet, the guy just scores and in bunches.

He will NOT get abused on D. Kid is a gamer. He is way more athletic than people think. Don't confuse being exceptionally fluid with not being athletic enough to play D. That kid is major talented.

1 person likes this