Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybodyhome

When Will Jeter Nut-Hugging End?

34 posts in this topic

i think its as much about his postseason heroics(3 something alltime postseason and .351 in world series).

How bad can your defense be with 5 golden gloves? Pretty sure he was adequate

Check the metrics, at his very best he was borderline average. If they gave that award based on how good you actually were at fielding he would never have sniffed a gold glove. Fact is him playing on a winning team and being a good hitter clearly influenced the voting. There were some years where his fielding percentage was good but that was because he had one of the worse ranges in baseball for a shortstop. So he didn't get to a lot of balls others did and had to make spectacular plays on some that would be routine for a better shortstop. I don't think it's fair at all to use playoffs as a determining factor when comparing players. If Jeter had played for the Royals he never gets all those chances to be a hero.

The hate is strong in this thread.

6th all time on the hit list. Not too shabby.

1 person likes this

Gold gloves are a terrible way to judge fielding. At least half (being kind) are garbage choices. Not a Meter thing, just people are clueless how to vote. It also at times seemed like the emmy nominations use to be once you got one you got them all.

Meter is one of the five best ss of all-time but he is also overrated for a variety of reasons, most notably because he is playing now.

Sent from my XT1049 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

The SACKO was created in the exact image of Jeter's nuts I believe. 

<obligatory The League reference>

Didn't want to start my own thread but I'll be up at the game this Thursday. Jeters last home game as a Yankee :( A tear will be shed when he takes his curtain call.

Brooklyn Bully, you need to fill me in on some good drinking spots. Flying up tomorrow and staying in Brooklyn until Sunday.

Anyone else watching? GOOSE BUMPS.

And hey, Arroz. Just saw this. Where in BK are you staying? Best spots are in Williamsburg.

Gonna miss #2.

Anyone else watching? GOOSE BUMPS.

And hey, Arroz. Just saw this. Where in BK are you staying? Best spots are in Williamsburg.

Quite possibly the greatest moment of my life. I would easily pay triple to see that again.

We're staying just past the Manhattan bridge....on gold street.

We've been going to the lower east side every night.

I live on Gold St, lol. Maine Panther Fan did too this summer for a job but now he's in the LES. Not sure when he goes back. 

Where on Gold St?