Photo
- - - - -

Charlotte and the Potential of having an MLS team.

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:01 PM

The MLS head already said he doesn't want too many teams. Atlanta gets your neck of the woods. Too bad too because Atlanta is a terrible pick for MLS.

So is having two Florida teams IMO.

#17 MtnJax

MtnJax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:13 PM

and Miami has already had 1 MLS franchise fold. why give them a 2nd?

#18 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,546 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:46 PM

Yeah, Orlando makes NO sense at all to me. Miami has a huge hispanic population though. But yeah, their first team failed. The Southeast just isn't soccer country. Too laid back. No energy whatsoever. The only place it might work is a smaller city where fans have been hungry for ANY sort of pro team (ex: Carolina Hurricanes).

Cities that could thrive with an MLS team: San Antonio, Austin, San Francisco (though San Jose might have that "area" covered), Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Pittsburgh, and Indianapolis. The perfect city would be Charleston ... if it were in the Northeast.

But I bet only one of that above list gets a team. I think I read they want to shoot for 24. With the addition of Miami, Atlanta, NYC, and Orlando they'll already have 23 teams. 

#19 djp14

djp14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:10 AM

I want to get behind the MLS Atlanta team, but I hate their stadium situation. It looks to be a duplicate of BC Place (Vancouver Whitecaps), which seems like a completely sterile and soulless place to watch a soccer game.

#20 Biakabutuka

Biakabutuka

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:12 PM

Orlando got a bid do to the huge fan support in the city. I really can't believe they gave a team to Miami though

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com