Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So now Mike Mitchell is suddenly a top 10 safety

51 posts in this topic

Posted

This place underrates Mitchell immensely. He came from fuging Oakland. fuging Oakland

Not me Rum.  I loved the guy.  His Miami post-game speech about not being afraid of anyone and how everybody was going to have to play us was epic.  Hated to see him go.

4 people like this

Posted

as long as he has an elite front 7 in front of him, sure.

Posted

The takeaway for underrated NFL talent: Sign with the Carolina Panthers. The franchise where you can resurrect your career.

Hopefully, once DG cleans up the team's cap space issues, we'll be able to retain a few of these players long term.

3 people like this

Posted

Rivera made this guy. Expect a drop off

Posted

Can someone list 10 safeties they feel are ahead of him?

Posted

This place underrates Mitchell immensely. He came from fuging Oakland. fuging Oakland

Don't really underrate him..  It's  just last season,  he didn't get nearly the hype..  He was a forgotten man in any media.  Now,  he's apparently top 8?             Would've liked to see him get some of that love last season when he was a Panther.  He deserved it.          

Posted

Of course he is, he plays for the Steelers now.

Sent from my SM-N900V using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

calm down he would've gotten this spot if he was resigned.

1 person likes this

Posted

wow, player becomes overrated after leaving the panthers, didn't see that one coming. :)

come on, last year MM was easily a top 10 safety. will he drop off? maybe, maybe not

Posted

Can someone list 10 safeties they feel are ahead of him?

Earl Thomas

Eric Berry

William Moore

Eric Weddle

Troy Polamalu

Cam Chancellor

TJ Ward

A. Rolle

B. Pollard

J. Byrd

I think he's on the cusp like Searcy and Ihedigbo. Then you have up and comers in Reid, Vacarro and Mathieu who will likely be in that group very shortly if not already.

I think Mitchell was good for the team but he wasn't without his faults. He missed few more tackles than you'd like to see but we used him wisely while blitzing. Keep in mind Lester had 3 picks in limited action too so there was the benefit of playing behind that front 7.

I can see DeCoud benefitting too for a fraction of the price and Maybe Harper can offer something on blitzes like Mike did too.

Its unfortunate, you'd have liked to see him grow more here.

1 person likes this

Posted

Earl Thomas

Eric Berry

William Moore

Eric Weddle

Troy Polamalu

Cam Chancellor

TJ Ward

A. Rolle

B. Pollard

J. Byrd

I think he's on the cusp like Searcy and Ihedigbo. Then you have up and comers in Reid, Vacarro and Mathieu who will likely be in that group very shortly if not already.

I think Mitchell was good for the team but he wasn't without his faults. He missed few more tackles than you'd like to see but we used him wisely while blitzing. Keep in mind Lester had 3 picks in limited action too so there was the benefit of playing behind that front 7.

I can see DeCoud benefitting too for a fraction of the price and Maybe Harper can offer something on blitzes like Mike did too.

Its unfortunate, you'd have liked to see him grow more here.

Good list man.  You think Searcy is on the cusp?  Haven't paid attention to him much lately. 

Posted

After this season, Roman Harper will be a Top5 safety.