Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

Did we miss out on a diamond in the rough?

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#91 rmoneyg35

rmoneyg35

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:04 PM

You win some you loose some. Sometimes good players can't do well on a team because of the players in front of them. Sometimes bad players can look good due to the right system. There is a lot of variables that go into a players success and there's no way to draft every all pro player in a draft.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#92 MV%doe

MV%doe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:35 PM

I would've rather taken a chance on a tackle with our last pick than select a RB that may not even see the field next season. Or trade for an extra pick at some point and use a late round pick on a tackle. It's not like we have a whole plethora of depth and talent at the tackle position anyway.

That's was my main beef with the draft and afterwards there was around 5 OTs with grade second to fifth form numberous scout firms. There where only a 10,000 signing bonus for the troubles. But I came on huddle let my vaaga weep for about two hours, then I moved on. I'm not bitching about late rounders or udfas. It sure helped a lot when ozzie newsome came out and repeat basically what dave said, after the first 4/5 there was a HUGE drop in skills. If dave and crew had 4th round grade on gaffy and the next OT had 7th, let ron get his nuts off on the better graded guy.

Edited by MV%doe, 04 August 2014 - 07:37 PM.

#93 MasterAwesome

MasterAwesome

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:08 PM

JPP isn't the player he once was, and he looked like he was going at about half-speed on top of it.

#94 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:15 PM

Maybe, he was redflagged by the security people of the Panthers. He didn't it show his potential in college and got in trouble. That's a double no-no. We don't know 1 percent of the info that the teams collect about prospects.

that's with Henderson which i could partly understand, if those guys turn out good i'll be slightly irritated because we could have took a flyer on either hurst or henderson.............as for turner it will be hard to convince me that ealy will have or could have a bigger impact then him at this moment

#95 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 40,171 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:14 PM

JPP isn't the player he once was, and he looked like he was going at about half-speed on top of it.

Tis true.

For that and it being a preseason game, Henderson fans might want to hold off on the chest thumping for just a bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com