Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some thoughts on Stephenson

53 posts in this topic

Posted

His passing and P&R ability - to me - are the game changers. A lot of SG's can shoot and create their own shots, and Lance is very good at both. But this guy's ability to kick the ball out and pass into the paint while he's on his way to the hoop makes me go SOLY SH*T DID HE JUST DO THAT.

He's the secondary ball handler we needed to replace McBob and the shot of offense that we didn't have before all packed into 1 person.

Posted

not trying to dunk every time he takes it to the rack might prolong his career as a top notch contributor. There is a ling list of guys who start to break down after 30 because they relied to much on athletic ability ( see D Wade& Vince Carter)

I don't really think you can include either one of those players in that example.  Vince has been playing in the league for what seems like 20 years and still getting decent contracts.  Wade is still a great player.  He just happens to have some knee problems but he's a starter on any team he goes too. He might not be able to single handedly win a championship any more....but when he did he played above the rim. Any player that's 32 or 33 loses a couple inches from their vert compared to when they were younger.

Posted

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but Jalen Rose and Jacoby Ford gave us/Lance a big shout out on their podcast this week.  Most of it is at the very beginning.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't really think you can include either one of those players in that example. Vince has been playing in the league for what seems like 20 years and still getting decent contracts. Wade is still a great player. He just happens to have some knee problems but he's a starter on any team he goes too. He might not be able to single handedly win a championship any more....but when he did he played above the rim. Any player that's 32 or 33 loses a couple inches from their vert compared to when they were younger.

Wade is still a great player but he's only played 70 or more games 1 time in the last 4 years, not to mention he's looked old & slow several times in the playoffs (he's only 32). Kobe & MJ were both playing 70 plus games & still producing at a high rate simply because they added to their games(posting up) & started to pull up on some of their drives instead of going to rack with reckless abandon like they did while younger

Posted

Wade is still a great player but he's only played 70 or more games 1 time in the last 4 years, not to mention he's looked old & slow several times in the playoffs (he's only 32). Kobe & MJ were both playing 70 plus games & still producing at a high rate simply because they added to their games(posting up) & started to pull up on some of their drives instead of going to rack with reckless abandon like they did while younger

Kobe and MJ also still each have their meniscus. Wade doesn't. That's why he has slowed down at an alarming rate.

Posted

Just adding to the excitement over Stephenson. Found this clip he recently posted online. I know it's just a pickup game but nice ball handling nonetheless. 

http://instagram.com/p/rI5as_JGM8/embed/

Posted

I think his impact on kemba could be huge. Should allow KW to become a better floor general and take away some of his pressure to score.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Posted

I think his impact on kemba could be huge. Should allow KW to become a better floor general and take away some of his pressure to score.

Not at present. Hendo scores more than Lance has. Lance is a pass first SG. If anything it will take some of the ballhandling and distribution pressure off Kemba. 

Now with that said, Lance certainly has the potential to score a lot of points and take that pressure off Kemba as well. 

He just needs to be more assertive in looking for his own shots and not being so unselfish all the time. 

Posted

Some thoughts on Lance: This is going to be Fun!

Posted

He led the league in triple doubles so needless to say he's an awesome SG. Great defender and passer, not the best on offense but not terrible. I just hope he's not a locker room cancer

Posted

Correct me if I'm wrong but lance isn't a big time scorer but does a lot of other things.

Posted

Sounds about right to me. Plus who knows, maybe he'll develop his shot