Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noah and PJ to have limited roles.

73 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Are you kidding me? I hope you are being sarcastic.

nevermind....I forgot that you were only a 15 yo kid.

vonleh is not even close to contributing this year. He is young, raw, and does not have an NBA body or game yet.

PJ is the one that could have minimal minutes but have a scoring impact.

MKG only played 24 minutes last season.

Edit:

Never mind. I really gotta quit debating with a child.

I'm playing. I already said I don't even like Noah vonleh. I didn't want us to draft him. I wanted us to take Gary harris, elfrid payton, or Zach LaVine at 9. I don't care what pt he gets.

Sent from my SM-G900T using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

I'm playing. I already said I don't even like Noah vonleh. I didn't want us to draft him. I wanted us to take Gary harris, elfrid payton, or Zach LaVine at 9. I don't care what pt he gets.

Sent from my SM-G900T using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I'd play Vonleh at PG before I drafted one of those guys over him.

Posted · Report post

I'd play Vonleh at PG before I drafted one of those guys over him.

Zach lavine had potential to be the next westbrook. Gary Harris can come in immediately and contribute at an NBA level. And payton was a triple double threat every night in college
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Zach lavine had potential to be the next westbrook. Gary Harris can come in immediately and contribute at an NBA level. And payton was a triple double threat every night in college

If we were choosing between drafting a raw player that isn't NBA ready but has potential we'd take Vonleh over Lavine any day.

If we wanted to go NBA ready we'd of taken McDermott over Harris.

Posted · Report post

That mcray guy looking like a top ten pick now.

What's wrong with letting the 18yr old and 21 year old red shirt this year? This team has deep in vet players at each spot and they offer the same skills. PJ needs to work on being a pro, ala his body and off court shaddy stuff. Vonleh is a young man, that needs exp. Both could be solid starters in about 2/3 years if they work hard.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

What's wrong with letting the 18yr old and 21 year old red shirt this year? This team has deep in vet players at each spot and they offer the same skills. PJ needs to work on being a pro, ala his body and off court shaddy stuff. Vonleh is a young man, that needs exp. Both could be solid starters in about 2/3 years if they work hard.

What wrong with letting them redshirt? Nothing. People are impatient,  that's the problem. You rarely draft an 18 year old in this day and age expecting them to start in their first or second season. PJ obviously needs to control his maturity issues. We drafted two potential stars. Their just not going to be stars this season. Anyone who watched the Summer League should be highly impressed with the skill and development they saw from Hairston and Vonleh. People get upset and impatient when we draft a player who isn't going to be an immediate impact player.

Posted · Report post

If we were choosing between drafting a raw player that isn't NBA ready but has potential we'd take Vonleh over Lavine any day.

If we wanted to go NBA ready we'd of taken McDermott over Harris.

LOL @ McDermott over Harris. Harris is going to be a better player than him in the NBA

Posted · Report post

You play the best players period. No matter if they are 18 years old or 35. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

You play the best players period. No matter if they are 18 years old or 35. 

Vonleh is the worst post player on the team right now....by your own logic, he should sit.

Now, PJ could and should get some decent playing time coming off the bench. 

Posted · Report post

That sounds right. They don't look ready and we have vets that can contribute. As the season progresses I could see them get more minutes but Vonleh is very raw and will take time and PJ needs to work on D and not to mention he has 3 vets in front of him so I don't see neither getting minutes this year barring injury.

I don't see why so many people think PJ is going to get a lot of minutes. Yes he played in the D league last year but he has no NBA regular season experience. The signing of Lance puts him even deeper in the depth chart. I wouldn't be surprised if he is inactive because we don't need 4 SG.
Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Posted · Report post

LOL @ McDermott over Harris. Harris is going to be a better player than him in the NBA

How do you figure that?

Posted · Report post

How do you figure that?

harris is a better defender, more athletic and better driving, has a good jumps hot as well. McDermott will have to live off of drive and kicks from rose to be successful