• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#13 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:12 AM

this isnt the old Bobcats teams that are still looking to build a team.. we are trying to win games now and make the playoffs and contender for the Eastern Conference title.. leave the rookies on the bench and let the vets- who you know will produce- get the minutes and get the Ws

let the rookies come in 3rd string and garbage time

#14 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

SUPPORTER

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:21 AM

If PJ comes in and starts lighting it up, Clifford might extend his PT in that game, but not consistently.  Everyone was frustrated last season when they wanted more Zeller and less McRoberts, be ready for more of the same.

#15 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:36 AM

Vonleh simply isn't ready to contribute from a physical stand point. PJ isn't ready mentally, and I think it showed in Summer League. But I think PJ is more ready to contribute and I think there is a chance that by season's end he is earning decent minutes off the bench.

I think Vonleh is a lot further away, his body looks great but his body still has to mature (if that even makes sense). Right now, despite being 240 pounds he plays too weak. Once he grows into his body I think he can become a big time player. But to steal a line from the draft, he is two years away from being two years away. I hop the FO and fans have the patience to give him the proper time to fully develop, which may not be till his second contract

Edited by teeray, 22 July 2014 - 08:37 AM.

#16 mj4life

mj4life

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:37 AM

Both will see time on the court, we just won't depend on them to make significant contributions.

#17 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

SUPPORTER

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:42 AM

Put simply, if Hendo is still on this team, then PJ is 4th on the depth chart at SG.  There's not much room for minutes there.  

#18 law_liga

law_liga

NEWB

• Pip
ROOKIE

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:43 AM

Henderson sees a lot of time on the court and I still don't depend on him to make a significant contribution.

#19 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:49 AM

Whenever Bonnell posts something half quoted and half un-quoted, I'm instantly skeptical.

#20 greghardy'sAK-47

greghardy'sAK-47

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:58 AM

according to many on this board PJ was/is a real possibility for 20 ppg this season.  what is clifford not seeing?  

Edited by greghardy'sAK-47, 22 July 2014 - 09:53 AM.

#21 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• LocationRaleigh
SUPPORTER

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:23 AM

These two weren't going to make Charlotte into contenders this year, especially Vonleh, and I hope people understand that. These picks were about potential and the BPA. Cho is building a team to compete for a title in a couple of years, not right now. The goal this year IMO is the 4/5 seed and a series win.

#22 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:37 AM

Put simply, if Hendo is still on this team, then PJ is 4th on the depth chart at SG. There's not much room for minutes there.

I think he can and will play some 3 too.

We have a LOT of versatile guys this year that can play many different positions, and play them probably pretty well.

I think that bodes well because we will have the ability to cause mismatches or takeaway mismatches in a variety of different ways and a variety of different players.

Our team, if used properly is pretty well constructed, and fit together very well IMO

#23 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:43 AM

Henderson sees a lot of time on the court and I still don't depend on him to make a significant contribution.

Ba-zing.

#24 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• LocationCharleston SC
SUPPORTER

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:59 AM

I think Vonleh needs to get 26+ minutes a game

Sent from my SM-G900T using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Vonleh looks like garbage right now offensively.  He needs more strength and footwork before he gets that kind of time. He's a great rebounder, he's athletic in terms of running the floor, but he'll get manhandled by a true post scorer and conversely he doesn't have the strength to be an effective post scorer.

Offensively he's just too much of a liability to see that kind of time.  While in college he did showcase a solid midrange game so that we'll come with time.  As of right now he looks like he's just trying to adjust to the speed of the game so I don't think he'll have his legs under him to knock down the 15 footer consistently.  It looks like he just focused right now on running the floor and getting back defensively.  Which is good.  But he's 18 and he's just not ready for the big time....yet.

Hairston on the other hand....I think he'll make more of a contribution this year, just because his body is more developed.  I can see PJ as a 20 plus minute rotational player.

Vonleh.....I'd probably cap him off between 12-15 minutes game until he sheds his sea legs.

Edited by TheMaulClaw, 22 July 2014 - 12:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users