Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sydney rice retires after 7 years

35 posts in this topic

Posted

They also have Baldwin, Kearse, and drafted Paul Richardson. Still likely better than ours although another predictable injury to Percy and/or Benjamin living up to his full potential from day one and that

Ok Baldwin is solid but I'm not too big on kearse and Paul Richardson is still a rookie, there's still a drop off

Posted

Was he fortunate to have Favre or unfortunate to have those other QBs? I don't know that he was ever healthy with Seattle.

Posted

tumblr_mrj5bjXg6N1sfahzbo1_400.jpg

3 people like this

Posted

as a Gamecock fan this saddens me I'm a huge Rice fan and was hoping for a good season from him..

well we still have Clowney and several others to pull for

GO COCKS!!!

Agreed. Go Alshon lol and Lattimore

1 person likes this

Posted

Damn.

Posted

Yea mort was saying staying in good health was more important than football to him, and apparently he's opening a few restaurants! I think we as fans take for granted just how taxing this game we all love can be on players!

Hope he enjoyed having money in his pockets.

1 person likes this

Posted

1 person likes this

Posted

Made more than enough of money.

Posted

Seems like odd timing to make the decision right before camp. If he was concerned about his concussions why did he visited other teams this off-season?

I wonder if the quick retirement has anything to do with the possibility of the news coming back out that he was messing around with underage girls while in Minnesota. That got circulated again last week when Chris Kluwe mentioned it might come out in his lawsuit.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

One season was not like the rest.  '09 was an anomaly.  The difference?  Brett Favre.

The difference was after that season he kept getting hurt. Look here Mr. Madden just because Brett Favre can throw a football 200 yards underwater doesn't make him the team nutritionist and trainer too.

Posted

The difference was after that season he kept getting hurt. Look here Mr. Madden just because Brett Favre can throw a football 200 yards underwater doesn't make him the team nutritionist and trainer too.

How about his previous two seasons? He had a dramatic jump in '09 and then injuries became an issue afterward. Look, I know you're a Gamecock homer, but Rice never came close to that season before or after '09. It's not a coincidence that it just so happened that was the year he had a HOF QB throwing him the ball.

Posted

How about his previous two seasons? He had a dramatic jump in '09 and then injuries became an issue afterward. Look, I know you're a Gamecock homer, but Rice never came close to that season before or after '09. It's not a coincidence that it just so happened that was the year he had a HOF QB throwing him the ball.

Ok then if this is the game we're gonna play.