Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maybe some good news for Hardy

62 posts in this topic

Posted

Legal procedures aren't done, I don't expect any suspension this year for Hardy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I believe Big Ben was suspended for 6 games before any verdict was rendered

Posted

Per J.Jones on twitter..."hearing rumors that Rice suspension will only be two games". If this is true then maybe Hardy slides through with only one or two games also....being that Rice beat his now wife to the ground and knocked her out and it appears hardy was fighting with a coked up crazy woman without much injury. If these rumors are true , then he catches a big break and if he stays out of trouble...may get another chance..get rid of the money shark agent and straighten up the act.

CONFIRMED: TWO GAMES FOR RICE

Whaa???

You cant take PEDs but beating women senseless is approved.

1 person likes this

Posted

I believe Big Ben was suspended for 6 games before any verdict was rendered

That was before the Saints Bounty fiasco.  Since then Goodell has been more patient with his suspensions handed out.  The drug suspensions are governed by the CBA and have nothing to do with Goodell.  Suspensions for crimes like Big Ben, Rice, and Hardy situations are allowed by the CBA but determined by Goodell.  

Posted

I more of a lurker than poster here but I cannot not comment here.

Don't you think you're being a bit unfair to Hardy at this time. I have no idea what happened that night but until he's actually found guilty (on appeal) don't you think he deserves the benefit of doubt. I don't ever recall him being involved in any other domestic disputes so it's not like he has a history with it so why are you so quick to dismiss him. 

To be honest I think I'm being 100% fair to Greg. I think he got a raw deal with the judge. I think the girl involved in this whole thing is a PoS human being and I don't think Hardy should have been found guilty on any of it. 

That being said I don't think anyone who is looking at this objectively and not blinded by fandom would think he is just an innocent angel in what took place. He may not have done the things she is claiming but who knows he may have. I think what you need to look at is I said all of his off the field things taken as a whole should be enough to warrant caution in signing him long term. Each time that something has happened with him its been an escalation and a trend pointing in the wrong direction.

CJ, Cam, TD, Luke and this list goes on have not had and off the field issue yet. These are the guys I would spend my money on. Hardy should make even the most rabid fan a little cautious about locking up in a big money long term contract. 

But I think the point is moot anyway I don't think it was ever in our GM's plans to keep him.

1 person likes this

Posted

Legal procedures aren't done, I don't expect any suspension this year for Hardy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I honestly agree. We all hope so, absolutely perfect for us.

Posted

I mean, the Giants were built around having a strong D line. Why does everyone say that Gettles never wanted to keep Hardy? Ive never heard good reasoning regarding that.

Posted

I mean, the Giants were built around having a strong D line. Why does everyone say that Gettles never wanted to keep Hardy? Ive never heard good reasoning regarding that.

Because Cam Newton and Luke Kuechly

Posted

Because Cam Newton and Luke Kuechly

We only have money to pay for 2 players? Yes we have cap problems but havnt you seen the way that can be manipulated, a lot by our very own GM let alone many across the league. Gotta do better than a 6 word statement.

Posted

Looks like he won't be suspended until after the jury trial. So he gets one more year with us and then he's gone.

Posted

He's entitled to a jury trial after appeal. We've talked to the league. We have to respect the legal process

— Jonathan Jones (@jjones9)

July 24, 2014

Gettleman: “We’ve been in touch w/the league … we have to respect the legal process.” So doesn’t appear #Panthers will do anything.

July 24, 2014
2 people like this

Posted

HOW IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THIS?????

Posted

If Rice only got two games for knocking out his GF, now wife, then Hardy better just get a "two quarter" suspension.