Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maybe some good news for Hardy

62 posts in this topic

Posted

I think if the jury finds him innocent then we'll think very very strongly about keeping him, and it's possible this entire situation off the field will make him worth less. If he's found guilty he's gone, CJ restructures and stays, and hopefully Ealy can ball.

Works for me.

Fact is I am JACKED about this news with no suspension!!!!!  Release the KRAKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

lol Rice drills his wife and gets 2 games. Gordon smokes some weed and gets a year ban. I fail to see how cold clocking a girl is not as bad as smoking weed.

People keep forgetting the number of offenses Gordon has gotten. This is Rices first offense and Gordon's 3rd? 4th? I lost count. 

The common discipline is usually light on the first offense like 2 games then it usually goes to 4-8 games and then year long. It is about the same in any sport or law like DUIs. 

Posted

Wow, most people here are trying to figure out ways to get rid of one of our premier DE's.

You are actually looking at ways to get rid of BOTH our premier DE's. That's some next level stuff right there.

let me correct you. i am only looking to get rid of their contracts. the two of them are part of the reason the Panthers are in cap-hell. if Hardy shapes up and both he and Johnson want to sign cap-friendly deals next offseason, them by all means lets retain them. i think i said that before.

i only would get rid of them both if i was confident that Ealy is a stud thats just as good, and there are some monster prospects in the 2015 draft. otherwise, i'd do what i can to keep one or both DEs. they ARE valuable

Posted

I'm with Dex, no one is talking about this GREAT news?????!!!!!

1 person likes this

Posted

Welcome to the wonderful world of Fandom... where we turn a blind eye to the errors "our guys" make, but demand the guillotine for all others. LOL

Posted

I don't think there's any chance he's back at all after this season. 2 factors

Type of money he's asking for, plus the continuous off field actions.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

Posted

I don't think hardy is as crazy as yall want to believe. At the end of the day he is a smart guy.. Hence him calling the Popo. Dude is gonna win his jury trial and sue dafuq out of that dumb trick and rightfully so

Posted

Ok refresh my memory. The only incident from Hardy was two years ago when he wrecked his bike before training camp. Other than that, i know of no other off field incidents from him? So why try to dump him for one mistake. We put up with more than that with Smitty.

Posted

They are going to wait until after the jury trial.

I might have missed it but I thought only the Panthers said they were going to wait.  The NFL does not have to necessarily do the same?  Just my impression, could be wrong.

And regarding the thread title, considering all the self-righteous backlash going on in media land regarding Rice "only" getting two games I don't see how that is going to be good news for Hardy.  The next suspension they are going to be looking to make up ground on their image.

And, as has been pointed out, good news for Hardy regarding a lesser suspension after his jury trial does not necessarily equal good news for the Panthers.

Posted

Yeah, smoke pot recreationally and you can be suspended for a year or more. Knock out your wife on video and you only get 2 games.

Zero fuqing logic in that.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Posted

Welcome to the wonderful world of Fandom... where we turn a blind eye to the errors "our guys" make, but demand the guillotine for all others. LOL

Fandom is disappointment that Rice wasn't suspended for FOUR games (which obviously would include ours), but NOT the guillotine so he could return against the rest of the NFCS, and JOY that the KRAKEN will be UNLEASHED!!!!

Panther football is life, the rest is just details.

Posted

I'm really getting tired of ESPNs feminist social commentary on domestic violence. Saying women will stop watching football over the Ray Rice and Greg Hardy cases. It's a load of crap. Hitting women is wrong. Hitting men is wrong too. Steve publicly punched a teammate and he got 2 games. So did Ray Rice. Sounds about right to me.