Photo
- - - - -

On the Jonathan Stewart cap hit talk....

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#46 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,096 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:36 PM

I wouldn't say greatest mistake. Looking back at the 2008 draft, I think Stewart was the best RB tooken that year in the first round (McFadden, Steward, Felix Jones, Chris Johnson, Mendenhall). I do agree that NFL has changed were you dont need to be drafting RB's in the first round though.

Hindsight is always 20/20......

Actually, many folks were screaming when that pick came in.

That said, the same can be said about Luke.

#47 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:39 PM

The problem isn't how much he plays. The problem is how much he plays relative to how much we pay him. It's an embarrassing sum of money for the return we've gotten from him. You could say injuries aren't his fault but he's had some sort of injury every season since we drafted him.

#48 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,138 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:53 PM

http://www.rotoworld...onathan-stewart

Says that 2.5 million of his 2015 base salary is guaranteed.

That's really why his contract is so terrible, not only the big signing bonus and option bonuses but a lot of his base salaries are guaranteed also. Hurney went full retard on this one.

#49 CarolinaSamurai

CarolinaSamurai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:06 PM

Attached File  ImageUploadedByCarolinaHuddle1406318770.283189.jpg   125.64KB   13 downloads

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#50 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,736 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:07 PM

It wasn't me!! I always thought Mr. Glass Ankles wasn't up to the contract he got at that time. Still isn't. I remember arguing too with those wanting to cut DeAngelo because Stewart was so much better. smh

Come back and read this post at the end of the season.

If 28 plays this season....he will be better than 34. It is what it is.

#51 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• HUDDLER
  • 2,044 posts
  • LocationStatesville

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:47 PM

I won't need to read it again because I am one to remember what I type, how I feel. lol And I do not mind at all being wrong.

It would be wonderful for both of them to play to their contracts/potential. Don't care who is considered "better" than the other. But you do have to admit that Stewart hasn't lived up to his billing lately. Breaking out of a crowd with a stout stiff arm is exciting to watch and that's what fans remember. But doing it only once or twice a season because he's not in the game is disappointing.

Just sayin'.

#52 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,736 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:57 PM

I won't need to read it again because I am one to remember what I type, how I feel. lol And I do not mind at all being wrong.

It would be wonderful for both of them to play to their contracts/potential. Don't care who is considered "better" than the other. But you do have to admit that Stewart hasn't lived up to his billing lately. Breaking out of a crowd with a stout stiff arm is exciting to watch and that's what fans remember. But doing it only once or twice a season because he's not in the game is disappointing.

Just sayin'.

Neither has lived up to there deals. Nice dudes though from what we know...

Unless 28 is healthy for most of the year and BEASTING I am looking forward to both being gone

#53 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• HUDDLER
  • 2,044 posts
  • LocationStatesville

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:10 PM

Neither has lived up to there deals. Nice dudes though from what we know...

Unless 28 is healthy for most of the year and BEASTING I am looking forward to both being gone

Maybe, maybe. However, I'm not looking forward to it until someone else besides Tolbert steps up. We could be in the same situation as when Davis retired. Runner-less. Like Green Bay, it'd be a crap shoot every year, see what sticks.

#54 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,143 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:42 PM

If you say it enough times it might come true.

#55 wingswithsting

wingswithsting

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:37 PM

34 is and always has been better than 28. 34 has a higher yards per carry for his career and last year. Just go back and look at last year. Panthers were a much better team when 34 was on the field. Watch film, the Panthers could do nothing on offense with 28 in the game.

Edited by wingswithsting, 25 July 2014 - 08:38 PM.

#56 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,736 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:29 PM

34 is and always has been better than 28. 34 has a higher yards per carry for his career and last year. Just go back and look at last year. Panthers were a much better team when 34 was on the field. Watch film, the Panthers could do nothing on offense with 28 in the game.

34 really started showing his decline last year IMO. Don't get the hype committee that refuses to acknowledge it.

At this stage, Stewart's health and being sidelined is the only thing that makes 34 better.

Healthy, 28 is currently better. It is why he was the primary RB beginning in 2011. 28 for example was better in 2011..offense functioned best with him. So no, 34 hasn't always proven to be better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com