Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

Home Run Casting Choices in Comic Book Movies

76 posts in this topic

Bradley  cooper nailed rocket

Vin Diesel did wonders with three words

chris pratt was perfect as peter quill

and the guy who played Drax really surprised me with how well he did 

the guy who played ronan was menacing too

GOG nailed their casting 

I was actually surprised that Dave Bautista, former WWE wrestler if you didn't know, played the role so well. I've read where the sequel will focus on Drax a little more, so the guys behind the camera must have been impressed as well. 

1 person likes this

"Nothing flies over my head, my reflexes are too fast, I would catch it."

Drax was awesome.

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

" I'm  not going to place my finger on his throat"

I was actually surprised that Dave Bautista, former WWE wrestler if you didn't know, played the role so well. I've read where the sequel will focus on Drax a little more, so the guys behind the camera must have been impressed as well.

He still wrestles but after GotG not sure how long. He took a couple month break to promote the movie but will be back. I thought he was great as well and surprised. He did better in the movie than in the ring lol.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

1 person likes this

Can we all agree that Anne Hathaway was horrible casting for Catwoman?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 person likes this

Michael Cera in Scott Pilgrim.

Chloe Motez as Hitgirl in Kick Ass.

Not even close IMO...Maggie Gyllenhall was wayyy worse as Katie Holmes replacement. I giggle when the Joker calls her beautiful..as if she would be standing out at a rich guys fundraiser party.

1 person likes this

I realize it was TV, but Eartha Kitt was a perfect Catwoman. Julie Newmar was close though. No other actress has come close IMHO.

I think Bale and Keaton are about equal with respect to the Batman films they were in. In Tim Burtons gothic world, Keaton really does fit that individual battling their sanity. An introvert yet tenacious under the cowl.

Bale fit the playboy Bruce Wayne quite well and I personally loved the Batman voice and the physical prowess Nolan really wanted to emphasize with Batman Begins. I remember Bale said in an interview that when he auditioned for the role he used the voice because he couldn't possibly fathom using a regular voice in that suit. He thought to himself ~Im just an idiot in a suit of sorts. To really be the beast he had to make himself believe he was one. Plus the voice makes sense for hiding his identity.

Val Kilmer was also a good Batman. He was just in a shittier movie. They deleted several scenes that would have made the film much better. You can see them on youtube. 

I have been thinking about this the last few days. You think Tarentino directs a Marvel movie? Iron Fist or Dr. Strange? Maybe his ego and style is too out of the box for Marvel but man that would be great.