Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scoreboard

45 posts in this topic

Posted

I wasn't able to make fan fest but the pictures I saw of the scoreboard were disappointing. It looks like advertisements still take a large portion of the viewing area on both sides. Was this the case? Oh well I am there to watch the game not a video board but larger would have been better.

Posted

The ads aren't exciting but I thought the picture looked sharp.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Posted

I wasn't able to make fan fest but the pictures I saw of the scoreboard were disappointing. It looks like advertisements still take a large portion of the viewing area on both sides. Was this the case? Oh well I am there to watch the game not a video board but larger would have been better.

Yeah from all of the pictures that I've seen it looks like the bigger board is false advertisement. Whenever they show infographics they include the ad space...making it seem like the board is fully video.

Posted

The board is half advertising space. Unfortunately, Danny Morrison already said that's the standard set up for it. Very disappointing. Picture looks excellent. It's just wasted with Miller light and Pepsi video ads.

Posted

Hopefully they will show full picture during replays and redzone plays but probally not. At least if the picture is clear I can actually see what is going on during redzone plays.

1 person likes this

Posted

Most, if not all, full screen scoreboards do this. I know at ECU it's that way

ECU-Tulsa_Scoreboard_w-Ruff_by-Rebekah_4

The only time it's full screen is the team intros or some kind of video package

Posted

I didnt get to see much of it, but imo the screen is big enough that the ads dont matter. With a 3 year old, i couldnt sit still long. I walked out of the tunnel on one end though and noticed nothing but the center of the screen. Id equate it to putting a 60" screen in a dorm room.

Sent from my iPhone using the free crApp Jeremy gave us.

1 person likes this

Posted

That is sick..

Posted

The picture is much clearer than before and even with the ridiculous amount of space wasted on advertisements it still is a great improvement over the old. If the boards are going to have that much space for advertisement then that money should be used to pay for it instead of tax payer money. The lower ribbon board was pretty much nothing but advertisements as well.

Posted

That's still waaaaaaaaaaaay better than the new Panthers board.

That's like 75 video 25 ads, the Panthers is like 50/50.

2 people like this

Posted

And I was there for that game. My apartment was right across Charles.

Posted

That's still waaaaaaaaaaaay better than the new Panthers board.

That's like 75 video 25 ads, the Panthers is like 50/50.

You also have to take board size into consideration. I don't know you have to see it in person its more noticeable than it looks, I've noticed it since they first got the new scoreboard and it's never really bothered me, but you notice it. I'll definitely agree though that the images are bigger on the Panthers scoreboard.

It's one of those things where you're like...come on...but at the same time they still have to showcase those 4 (or however many) companies that paid them money presumably for ads of a certain size.