Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tackle might not be as bad as we thought.

59 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Interesting Byron Bell interview posted on Panthers.com.  Bell is starting to win me over a little bit.  I like what I'm hearing out of Nate Chandler too. 

I think their relative lack of exposure up to this point and made fans uneasy.  After hearing where their minds are I'm feeling a lot more optimistic.

Thoughts?

Posted · Report post

The proof will start coming out during preseason games when live bullets start flying.  I've heard a lot of guys talk a good game.  This isn't a slam on these guys at all-- I am pulling for them and for some reason I'm thinking we're going to be ok.

Personally I hope they get it figured out pretty quickly (positions) just so they can start to gel as a unit.  Besides outright talent, that's the biggest factor in the success of an o-line (in my opinion).

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

The proof will start coming out during preseason games when live bullets start flying.  I've heard a lot of guys talk a good game.  This isn't a slam on these guys at all-- I am pulling for them and for some reason I'm thinking we're going to be ok.

Personally I hope they get it figured out pretty quickly (positions) just so they can start to gel as a unit.  Besides outright talent, that's the biggest factor in the success of an o-line (in my opinion).

I agree about Oline chemistry.  Might actually be another plus that it's Chandler and Bell as opposed to an off the street free agent.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I don't believe anything till I see it, rule 1 of offseason.
8 people like this

Posted · Report post

I've seen Byron Bell play.  That makes me relatively unoptimistic.  Still holding out hope for Chandler.  Hoping that G-man sees Bell as nothing more than a stop gap.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Tackle might not be as bad as we thought.

As a general rule, most things aren't.

4 people like this

Posted · Report post

Im done with Byron Bell, aint no damn video gonna change that.

6 people like this

Posted · Report post

You all just pray that neither of those guys gets injured. Because if either does.... ugh

5 people like this

Posted · Report post

Ive seen enough of Bell to know he sucks ass

Posted · Report post

Thank you Gettleman?

Well, how's Velasco?

Posted · Report post

Interesting Byron Bell interview posted on Panthers.com. Bell is starting to win me over a little bit. I like what I'm hearing out of Nate Chandler too.

I think their relative lack of exposure up to this point and made fans uneasy. After hearing where their minds are I'm feeling a lot more optimistic.

Thoughts?

Do you remember the Bills game last year? Bell gave up four sacks (a panthers record) and then went on to tell the media he felt like he played a good game.
1 person likes this