Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tackle might not be as bad as we thought.

59 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Bell leads a speech in practice and all of a sudden he has a bandwagon.

Sent from my iPhone

He's kind of big. There's not much room on the bandwagon

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

The guy has taken a tremendous amount of flack, and you can't help but think about what effect that could have on someone's confidence. It's a shame, really, because the guy has done nothing but work hard, overcome adversity and tragedy, and just tries to focus on his job. As a UDFA, he never came with high expectations, but he's come a long way. I have nothing but respect for the man, and considering how he has seemingly overcome some brutal, if not downright vicious criticism, I can't help but pull for him. If the coaches stick with him and he fails, that's on them and the GM. I wish him the best.
9 people like this

Posted · Report post

same crap you guys were saying about Armanti E. Remember its just practice... we'll see in a few weeks.

Posted · Report post

Still a wait and see thing with Bell.  However if he does become a good LT it's going to be a hilarious quote party.

Posted · Report post

I'm bumping this because this Byron Bell bandwagon train is about to start and I want you huddlers to remember that TheMaulClaw had enough foresight to in fact see it coming. #hatersgonnahate

I've been shamefully pulling that wagon solo dolo. It's about time that I got some help :P

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

same crap you guys were saying about Armanti E. Remember its just practice... we'll see in a few weeks.

Was never an Armanti fan. 

Posted · Report post

Was never an Armanti fan. 

why would one be during his NFL experience?

Posted · Report post

How does Byron Bell even equate to AE comparisons?  AE was never even a starter.  Byron Bell has been durable and has started the past 2 years.  Plus he was undrafted, he wasn't taken in the second round like AE.  You're smoking crack if you consider B.Bell a bust/letdown/disappointment.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

How does Byron Bell even equate to AE comparisons?  AE was never even a starter.  Byron Bell has been durable and has started the past 2 years.  Plus he was undrafted, he wasn't taken in the second round like AE.  You're smoking crack if you consider B.Bell a bust/letdown/disappointment.

the comparison comes from two players that get hyped during camp and was far from great the previous season. nice try tho.... you're smoking crack if you think Bell is a starter based on skill. like it was with Lafell, he there by "default." Also undrafted or not if the offense or defense suffers based on once's position performance, changes are necessary. But you're out of your mind if you're totally sold that he is far from the previous. Camp hype!! Holla back week 6!!

Posted · Report post

the comparison comes from two players that get hyped during camp and was far from great the previous season. nice try tho.... you're smoking crack if you think Bell is a starter based on skill. like it was with Lafell, he there by "default." Also undrafted or not if the offense or defense suffers based on once's position performance, changes are necessary. But you're out of your mind if you're totally sold that he is far from the previous. Camp hype!! Holla back week 6!!

Well we'll see.  As of right now Bell has the team's and coaching staff's support.  

I'd like to see your reaction if Bell tore his ACL in camp....bet you'd probably miss him then.

Posted · Report post

When we chose a guard and not a tackle in the draft, I nearly screamed.  However, we got a STARTER in the third round.  Not just any starter--compare Turner to SIlatolu--he seems light years ahead of him when he was drafted in the second round. 

If we did not draft a G, we would probably have to put Williams or Chandler at RG.  Either way, we lose a T.

I am still not sold on our T situation; everyone is so optimistic this time of year.  But I can tell you 5 things that we should have working in our favor:

1. Do not expect the vertical attack that requires a 5-step drop and 4 seconds to deliver.  Expect more underneath routes, drags, outs, digs, etc.  Less time to throw, less time to protect.

2. We will be running 2 TE sets more.  Our Tackles will get help.

3. The running game should be better.  SIlatolu and Turner are good plow horses, but they both do a good job on the second level and pulling.  With Stewart (cough) healthy, DWill, Tolbert, and even Barner should keep this offense heading in the right direction

4. Cam is smarter.  Cam should be quicker with reads and more mature about his decision-making.  Many sacks surrendered were due to Cam trying to hold the ball too long. 

5. Bell, Chandler, and Williams have the potential to be average.  Isn't that all we are asking from them?

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Well we'll see.  As of right now Bell has the team's and coaching staff's support.  

I'd like to see your reaction if Bell tore his ACL in camp....bet you'd probably miss him then.

dude, again, Bell is a default starter.... meaning best at backup! that's just the way it is. with no money how would you expect their comments to be in reference to being supportive of him? it was just a few weeks ago they said the said for Chandler! they chose not to add options so like always they'll get in return what they put in. Some good, some bad, but the reality is we lost more than what currently have. Though I'm for our 1st pick, O-Line is not a place cut corners. like some women, they may supportive until the man's ran his course and another comes along. just a thought! and btw, your reaction would be more significant than mine if he goes down, why? because you think he has saved the day, I think we lack two starters and he is there by default until we get some money to show our "staff's" true thoughts. step away from the hype, its just practice.