Photo
- - - - -

Tackle might not be as bad as we thought.

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#31 caatfan

caatfan

full of it

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:15 AM

Im done with Byron Bell, aint no damn video gonna change that.

Sorry to hear you guys are on the outs. Maybe some relationship counseling would help.

"as bad as we thought" - I didn't know we were all on the same page with our thoughts on OT.

#32 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,426 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:20 AM

I'm bumping this because this Byron Bell bandwagon train is about to start and I want you huddlers to remember that TheMaulClaw had enough foresight to in fact see it coming. #hatersgonnahate

#33 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts
  • LocationEasley, SC

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:04 AM

What makes me feel uneasy is Bell's play on the field and the fact that Nate Chandler was a DT just one year ago, not their lack of exposure.

relax, G-man has it all under control.

#34 WildCats

WildCats

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:05 AM

I'm bumping this because this Byron Bell bandwagon train is about to start and I want you huddlers to remember that TheMaulClaw had enough foresight to in fact see it coming. #hatersgonnahate

No real recognize real. And what's understood doesn't have to be explained. Bell is hot garbage. But I hope you end up right about this one. I'm willing to eat my words if things turn out okay

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#35 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,397 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:12 AM

Just listened to that Bell interview.  Something does seem different about the dude this offseason.  He's a lot more vocal, and the way he talks in that interview he really wants to win and prove the critics wrong... how he craves having that feeling they had last year when they were winning and echoed the sentiment that the team feels really disrespected.  Never heard him like that once in the entire time he's been here.

It's also a nice bonus that he's seemed to be having a pretty decent camp from what I understand going by the tweets.  Maybe a lightbulb has come on for the dude.

#36 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,505 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:52 AM

Bell leads a speech in practice and all of a sudden he has a bandwagon.

Sent from my iPhone

#37 PandaPancake

PandaPancake

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,450 posts
  • LocationGreeley, Co

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:46 AM

Bell leads a speech in practice and all of a sudden he has a bandwagon.

Sent from my iPhone

He's kind of big. There's not much room on the bandwagon

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#38 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:03 AM

The guy has taken a tremendous amount of flack, and you can't help but think about what effect that could have on someone's confidence. It's a shame, really, because the guy has done nothing but work hard, overcome adversity and tragedy, and just tries to focus on his job. As a UDFA, he never came with high expectations, but he's come a long way. I have nothing but respect for the man, and considering how he has seemingly overcome some brutal, if not downright vicious criticism, I can't help but pull for him. If the coaches stick with him and he fails, that's on them and the GM. I wish him the best.

#39 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:24 AM

same crap you guys were saying about Armanti E. Remember its just practice... we'll see in a few weeks.

#40 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:29 AM

Still a wait and see thing with Bell.  However if he does become a good LT it's going to be a hilarious quote party.

#41 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:24 AM

I've been shamefully pulling that wagon solo dolo. It's about time that I got some help :P

#42 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,426 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:37 PM

same crap you guys were saying about Armanti E. Remember its just practice... we'll see in a few weeks.

Was never an Armanti fan. 

#43 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:53 PM

Was never an Armanti fan. 

why would one be during his NFL experience?

#44 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,426 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:30 PM

How does Byron Bell even equate to AE comparisons?  AE was never even a starter.  Byron Bell has been durable and has started the past 2 years.  Plus he was undrafted, he wasn't taken in the second round like AE.  You're smoking crack if you consider B.Bell a bust/letdown/disappointment.

#45 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:02 AM

How does Byron Bell even equate to AE comparisons?  AE was never even a starter.  Byron Bell has been durable and has started the past 2 years.  Plus he was undrafted, he wasn't taken in the second round like AE.  You're smoking crack if you consider B.Bell a bust/letdown/disappointment.

the comparison comes from two players that get hyped during camp and was far from great the previous season. nice try tho.... you're smoking crack if you think Bell is a starter based on skill. like it was with Lafell, he there by "default." Also undrafted or not if the offense or defense suffers based on once's position performance, changes are necessary. But you're out of your mind if you're totally sold that he is far from the previous. Camp hype!! Holla back week 6!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com