Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pats claim RB Tyler Gaffney off waivers

348 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

These are my thoughts too. If they carry him on the 53 I will be flabbergasted. But they have to do the same thing we just did if they don't right?

I will laugh if we claim him back

Not if they wait until the season, or after some certain date.

Posted · Report post

Considering they are still crying over the Kuechly hold that had nothing to do with Brady's pass being intercepted, I'd say they are the authority on butthurt

Sent from my SM-N900P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app
6 people like this

Posted · Report post

When the 53 man roster rolls around I am sure there will be an obvious choice of someone the Panthers could have cut and resigned later. Won't be too long to see that play out.

Good point and that's fair but there isn't much point in complaining over something you cannot change , and also he (Gaffney ) might suck he hasn't even played a snap , and as a late rounder it's far more likely he will than not ,not everyone is Greg hardy/ Brady and even if he doesn't it's not a divisional rival ether, I'd rather see us lose him to an AFC team than the 49ers or even the Hawks, being real it's more the principle of having a player stolen than anything for these guys on here (besides kat but when is Kat not upset) and an early injury might be a sign of a very injury prone player which we do not need all in all unfortunate, I liked him but it's not the end of the world besides there is always the next draft ,and this time there might not be a run on tackles that completely saps the talent pool (unlike this year) even lewan who was projected to go in the second round went wayyyy early and I'm not impressed with what I've heard about Morgan Moses who a lot of people wanted us to take.

Posted · Report post

The teams that win year in and year out are the ones that hit big in rounds 4 through 6. So, yeah it is a big deal unless you enjoy being mediocre like the Panthers since their inception.

Haha, nope not true at all.

This was kind of a stupid move, but it is not that big a deal.

Posted · Report post

I'm very disappointed that SCP has not weighed in on this yet

[attachment=9155:ImageUploadedByCarolinaHuddle1406598969.672278.jpg][attachment=9156:ImageUploadedByCarolinaHuddle1406599058.314814.jpg]

Sent from my iPhizzle while pooping using CarolinaHizzle
5 people like this

Posted · Report post

I've never seen a team handle their RB situation the way the Panthers have. This is becoming comical. It makes me sick that a guy made 100k for getting injured in his first practice, but ,hey, if I was him I probably wouldn't turn it down either.

Posted · Report post

Not if they wait until the season, or after some certain date.

That's the point. They're not gonna keep an injured rb on the 53 man roster. I would be shocked if they did.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

I've never seen a team handle their RB situation the way the Panthers have. This is becoming comical. It makes me sick that a guy made 100k for getting injured in his first practice, but ,hey, if I was him I probably wouldn't turn it down either.

He made 100k for getting drafted.

Posted · Report post

He made 100k for getting drafted.

Yea, I guess you're right, but, damn, feels like a huge waste of money.

Posted · Report post

That's the point. They're not gonna keep an injured rb on the 53 man roster. I would be shocked if they did.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

They can put him on the PUP list, like they did Ballard. Ballard spent the 2012 regular season on the PUP list.

Posted · Report post

Tyler Gaffney: the greatest panther to never play a snap for the panthers?

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Yea, I guess you're right, but, damn, feels like a huge waste of money.

Yeah, it's a kick to the marbles. But things happen. 9 times out of ten, this is a standard move. Gettleman just misjudged the demand for him.

It's like Gettleman locked his keys in the car. Which is kind of stupid. But some people want to act like he got drunk and crashed the car. Not quite that big a deal.
2 people like this