Photo
- - - - -

Steve Smith or Randy Moss?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
67 replies to this topic

#1 NewEnglandAFChamps

NewEnglandAFChamps

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:40 AM

Normally Steve Smith and Randy Moss would be tailed by Terrell Owens but obviously it is Steve Smith and Randy Moss alone in their own world of elitivity. There are alot of premiere receivers in this league but these two are like Manning and Brady, just a cut above the rest. I really don't know who I would rather have.. But I'm leaning towards Steve Smith because there are certain things you can do to hender Moss a little bit but Steve Smith is like trying to take away Jerry Rice. Almost impossible. Who would you rather have.. Steve Smith or Randy Moss? TWO FUTURE HALL OF FAMERS

#2 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,753 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:41 AM

Can I have both?

I'd rather have Smith and Calvin Johnson.

#3 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,959 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:43 AM

What Calvin Johnson does on THAT team is simply amazing.

#4 NewEnglandAFChamps

NewEnglandAFChamps

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:44 AM

No offense to Calvin Johnson -- the kid is very good but Steve Smith and Randy Moss are in the league of Jerry Rice, Lance Alworth and Don Hutson

#5 mountainpantherfan

mountainpantherfan

In Honor of Sam Mills

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:45 AM

IMO at the end of Smith's career he will be listed at #2 just below Rice. This isn't a knock on Delhomme but if you but Smith with Brady the numbers Smith would put up would be mind blowing.

#6 Tar Heel Blues

Tar Heel Blues

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:46 AM

Moss is a better deep field weapon and red zone target. Smith is comparable down the field though (that's saying something considering we're comparing him to Moss) and a much better short and intermediate target. The only guy I can think of who plays the short game better than Smith is Anquan Boldin.

#7 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,753 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:46 AM

No offense to Calvin Johnson -- the kid is very good but Steve Smith and Randy Moss are in the league of Jerry Rice, Lance Alworth and Don Hutson

Get Johnson a competent QB and a supporting cast and he'll be one of the best all time, I'd put money on it.

I don't like Moss' attitude, so I still put him behind Johnson. Moss is a rare talent, but he quit in Oakland, looked like he wanted to quit after Brady went down and just doesn't have the heart I'd want in a franchise WR.

#8 joemac

joemac

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:51 AM

Id take Smith....he has just taken it to another level lately. He plays with the most aggression and heart that I have ever seen. Cant always say that for Moss.

#9 Ncstatefan

Ncstatefan

GO PACK!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:53 AM

Smith

#10 NewEnglandAFChamps

NewEnglandAFChamps

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:58 AM

Moss's attitude has changed, and it was a blessing for him to get to NE because he needed that kind of support and background around him, good clean God-fearing guys but Moss is still Great. But Steve Smith to me is Jerry Rice, and let me tell you why. Allthough like I said both Moss and Steve Smith are canton-caliber.... You just never see that quit in Steve Smith, never. You've seen it on occassion from Henry Ellard, James Lofton, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens and even Cris Carter at times.. But Steve Smith just has that Rice-like quality in him of burning fire kind of like what Barry had that you seen in Walter Payton.

#11 NewEnglandAFChamps

NewEnglandAFChamps

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:01 PM

SOME guys can cover Moss one on one to slow him down.
Steve Smith -- no offense to Deion Sanders but in his prime could cover Steve Smith

I sure wish we had drafted Steve to go along with Patten, Branch and Givens a few years ago! lol He is Jordan, and Ali right now.. he is the best!

#12 dksmith17

dksmith17

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:06 PM

They are simply not comparable. In fact I don't think you can really compare any WR to Smitty.

#13 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:08 PM

Smitty. He's a bulldog with rocket skates. Moss is a gazelle, but I question his toughness, specifically his ability to go across the middle and make the tough catch, about to get blown up

#14 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,656 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:16 PM

No one out works Steve Smith.

#15 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,364 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:28 PM

Moss's attitude has changed, and it was a blessing for him to get to NE because he needed that kind of support and background around him, good clean God-fearing guys but Moss is still Great. But Steve Smith to me is Jerry Rice, and let me tell you why. Allthough like I said both Moss and Steve Smith are canton-caliber.... You just never see that quit in Steve Smith, never. You've seen it on occassion from Henry Ellard, James Lofton, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens and even Cris Carter at times.. But Steve Smith just has that Rice-like quality in him of burning fire kind of like what Barry had that you seen in Walter Payton.

Very good point here... Smith has no quit in him. He busts it on every single play and if he doesn't have the ball, he blocks... watch that DeAngelo long run yesterday... Smith was trailing the play, but running all out trying to get a block in.

PLUS, unlike a lot of the other elite receivers, he doesn't run his mouth when he doesn't get the ball. He's a team guy.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com