Photo
- - - - -

Steve Smith or Randy Moss?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
67 replies to this topic

#46 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:04 PM

Steve just because of sheer QB skill. Steve Smith in the AZ offense or with Peyton at the helm. Even in the Pats offense, Steve would be absolutely AMAZING. He'll probably end up the receiving leader in the reg. season and he missed two games. And our offense is RUN heavy. End of story.

AZ yes but not with Peyton because he spreads the ball around quite a bit and with Smith Harrison Wayne Gonzalez and Clark it'd be spread around a lot more :P

#47 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,909 posts

He's faster :D

lol i know your joking but i ran a faster 40 than Jerry Rice coming out of high school.

#48 House

House

Fly Navy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,481 posts

So Steve Smith is better than Jerry Rice?

He said when its all said and done, and by the time it IS all said and done, he will probably be in that group and above 2 out of those 3.

Plus, I like to give you a hard time whenever I can because you are a Falcons fan. Not a bad one but a fan nonetheless.

#49 House

House

Fly Navy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:06 PM

lol i know your joking but i ran a faster 40 than Jerry Rice coming out of the closet..

There you go.

#50 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:06 PM

He said when its all said and done, and by the time it IS all said and done, he will probably be in that group and above 2 out of those 3.

Plus, I like to give you a hard time whenever I can because you are a Falcons fan. Not a bad one but a fan nonetheless.

Well you have to remember that he's almost 30. He's got a solid 5 more years in him. Average it out to say 80 catches a year he'll have around 900 catches that's very reasonable. Over 10,000 yards but the TD numbers simply aren't there.

lol@ the second part

#51 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:07 PM

There you go.

lol I was actually recruited by a few d1 schools. Ruined my chance for reasons i will not post publicly for shame.

#52 House

House

Fly Navy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:11 PM

Well you have to remember that he's almost 30. He's got a solid 5 more years in him. Average it out to say 80 catches a year he'll have around 900 catches that's very reasonable. Over 10,000 yards but the TD numbers simply aren't there.

Very true that the TD #'s aren't there but I think that that aspect will be overlooked anyways because of his size. I would also put him closer to 1000 catches cause SS is in prime condition and though he may not be a #1 WR after 5 years he will def. probably play till close to 40 and still be effective.

#53 House

House

Fly Navy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:12 PM

lol I was actually recruited by a few d1 schools. Ruined my chance for reasons i will not post publicly for shame.

Glad you can take a joke, I couldn't resist, sorry.

#54 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:13 PM

Very true that the TD #'s aren't there but I think that that aspect will be overlooked anyways because of his size. I would also put him closer to 1000 catches cause SS is in prime condition and though he may not be a #1 WR after 5 years he will def. probably play till close to 40 and still be effective.

Very possible.

Glad you can take a joke, I couldn't resist, sorry.

You have to on this board lol

#55 PeteRozelle

PeteRozelle

Random Drive by Pictures

• HUDDLER
  • 4,065 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:32 PM

If Smith's or Moss's career ended RIGHT NOW.. Would either get into the HOF?

...and try to post an unbiased opinion.

pete

#56 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:59 PM

The funny thing is...Steve might not even go to the pro bowl this year. HA! Not joking one bit...

#57 Fireball77

Fireball77

• HUDDLER
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 01:05 AM

pete

I get where you're coming from, but even the HOF gives an unreasonable amount of weight to players with rings (neither of them have even one) over true greats. (cough...Joe Namath...cough...Bob Griese...cough)

#58 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 07:33 AM

I get where you're coming from, but even the HOF gives an unreasonable amount of weight to players with rings (neither of them have even one) over true greats. (cough...Joe Namath...cough...Bob Griese...cough)

Joe Namath got in because of the implications of that game. That game helped make football a huge sport. He ain't in as a player. He's in as an influence to the game.

#59 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Member from WAAAYY Back

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:18 AM

pete

Steve Smith is far and above the most dangerous WR in the game. Moss has speed and the height to get behind the Defense but when things are not going well he loses interest. This was even noted this year earlier when Cassell was still struggling. SS gives 110% all the time.

Both in the end will go to the HOF however If I had to choose just one it would be S.Smith. Heres why.

Part of the criteria is how dangerous he was as a player. In his case EVERY team dedicates time to figuring out how to stop him. Double teams, exotic zones, triple teams. He is an Impact player. Another Criteria how he changed the game. I won't say we invented the Smoke route but through the years Steve Smith years we have used it probably more then any team in the league. Getting S. Smith the ball is critical and the Smoke route is one good way. Teams look to utilize it. Moss in Washington and Jackson in Philly were drafted and used in the same manner that Carolina uses Steve Smith. Thank God he is a Panther.
Just a few stats
Over 1000 yds almost every year of his career.
1st Player in 20+ years to win the Triple Crown in Receiving

Smitty may never get a ring but he will get a Bust.

Finally when you look at Steve Smith you see GREATNESS.

Go Panthers

O'BTW the fighting will be a NON factor.

#60 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:48 AM

I want to see a little more (out of both of them) before i say HoF. Smith needs a lot more TDs before he hangs it up. Moss has almost 100 more TDs than Smith. You have to take that into account. Obviously Moss has played longer but still Moss averages over 10 TDs a year and over 1,000 yards a year. Smith meanwhile has gotten 10 TD receptions one time (05 he had 12) Averages less than 1000 yards a year (although that will change soon) but averages only 5-6 TDs a year. That's not HoF numbers. That's what the voters will see. Don't be a homer. He could be but he needs a very good 2nd half to his career.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com