#91 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:06 AM

Chandler is looking good. Can't believe he was a DL just two years ago.

#92 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:34 AM

Follow back and I will

Yo stfu

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

#93 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,868 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:33 AM

With a big decision coming up on DE even before Hardy's incident and the value at that pick, Gettleman made the best choice. Its the fourth practice of the season and maybe next year, we could have a kid ready to start. I am just glad that Gettleman didn't pass up a top fifteen talent for a couple of meh WRs like Landry and Robinson.

Regardless of what walterfootball may tell you, Ealy was never anywhere close to a Top 15 prospect. I had thought the fact that he almost slipped into the 3rd round had eradicated any remaining people who still clung to that, but I suppose I was wrong.

#94 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,756 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:46 AM

I want Byron to be an all pro. That would be too awesome. All about what he wants to do. He has all the measurables.

#95 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:29 PM

Regardless of what walterfootball may tell you, Ealy was never anywhere close to a Top 15 prospect. I had thought the fact that he almost slipped into the 3rd round had eradicated any remaining people who still clung to that, but I suppose I was wrong.

If there is no correlation between having the same metrics and close to the same production as past top 15 prospects, then you are right.  But, Ealy is 6'4" and weighs 275lbs coming out of college and is fast.  He shows the instincts to bat down passes when he can't get to the quarterback and consistently made plays despite being the primary focus of opposing game plans.  He stood out on one of the best defenses in College football last year if your not into measurable combine type things.  He showed versatility all over the field his last two years even lining up at linebacker.  The biggest knock on him was his inconsistency in dropping back in pass coverage.  I know football dude.  Walter Football, get the fudge outta here. 

#96 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,536 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:04 PM

If there is no correlation between having the same metrics and close to the same production as past top 15 prospects, then you are right. But, Ealy is 6'4" and weighs 275lbs coming out of college and is fast. He shows the instincts to bat down passes when he can't get to the quarterback and consistently made plays despite being the primary focus of opposing game plans. He stood out on one of the defenses in College best football last year if your not into measurable combine type things. He showed versatility all over the field his last two years even lining up at linebacker. The biggest knock on him was his inconsistency in dropping back in pass coverage. I know football dude. Walter Football, get the fudge outta here.

To call that defense one of the best is just uninformed. Maybe a decent pass rush at times. But as far as overall good. No not even close.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#97 PrimeTyme

PrimeTyme

The Greatest!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:53 PM

My comment is a day late, but the addition of gifs is GREAT.. thnx Zod

btw, I know you changed your name, but I've been here since @2006 and you'll always be Zod to me

#98 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,868 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:23 PM

If there is no correlation between having the same metrics and close to the same production as past top 15 prospects, then you are right. But, Ealy is 6'4" and weighs 275lbs coming out of college and is fast. He shows the instincts to bat down passes when he can't get to the quarterback and consistently made plays despite being the primary focus of opposing game plans. He stood out on one of the best defenses in College football last year if your not into measurable combine type things. He showed versatility all over the field his last two years even lining up at linebacker. The biggest knock on him was his inconsistency in dropping back in pass coverage. I know football dude. Walter Football, get the fudge outta here.

No, there is absolutely no correlation there. I don't care what the stat sheet says nor do I care about his combine numbers. I care about what I saw him do on the field which wasn't worthy of a first rounder much less a top 15 pick. It's apparent that all 32 NFL franchises are backing my stance as well.

Edited by Growl, 30 July 2014 - 02:24 PM.

#99 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,637 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:29 PM

Growl is the same guy who created a thread in August last year to tell everyone that Mike Mitchell probably wouldn't even be on the team by the end of the season. We know how that ended. Yeah, we definitely want to hear what you have to say on player evaluation in July.

Tell us more please.

For the lawl's. http://www.carolinah...-mike-mitchell/

Edited by TheRed, 30 July 2014 - 02:44 PM.

#100 Clicheking

Clicheking

Mack of the year

• HUDDLER
  • 3,295 posts
  • Location910

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

Once again said you are good among mere men. This means everything to those that cant be there.

#101 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,868 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:11 PM

Growl is the same guy who created a thread in August last year to tell everyone that Mike Mitchell probably wouldn't even be on the team by the end of the season. We know how that ended. Yeah, we definitely want to hear what you have to say on player evaluation in July.

Tell us more please.

For the lawl's. http://www.carolinah...-mike-mitchell/

Gotta be stressful for you that you have to go back this far to fond an area where I've been "wrong" when held up against your perpetual idiocy on this board.

Additionally amusing that you have to alter the context of what that thread was about to try and suit the point. So you ever grow weary of looking so foolish? Go ahead and respond, and don't forget to throw out the race card too or else your argument just wouldn't be complete.

#102 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:33 PM

To call that defense one of the best is just uninformed. Maybe a decent pass rush at times. But as far as overall good. No not even close.

Your bias is unnecessary.  I understand they finished better than USC and all.  I understand this is an issue for you.  Co-player of the year coupled with a second place finish(first in the east) doth put a great deal of proof in the pudding.

#103 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:36 PM

No, there is absolutely no correlation there. I don't care what the stat sheet says nor do I care about his combine numbers. I care about what I saw him do on the field which wasn't worthy of a first rounder much less a top 15 pick. It's apparent that all 32 NFL franchises are backing my stance as well.

We are potato and po-tat-o at this point.  I think am posting mostly out of the overreaction of huddlers pertaining to his struggles in the first week of his first training camp.  The kid has talent.

Edited by Who Said What?, 30 July 2014 - 05:37 PM.

#104 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,536 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:28 PM

Your bias is unnecessary. I understand they finished better than USC and all. I understand this is an issue for you. Co-player of the year coupled with a second place finish(first in the east) doth put a great deal of proof in the pudding.

Except we beat them. And they proceeded to allow Auburn to score at will in the title game to the tone of over 10 yards a carry. Would you like to try again?

#105 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:49 PM

This thread has come completely off the hinges.  We're complaining that our late 2nd round pick wasn't worthy of a top 15 selection?  Arguing about completely irrelevant college results?  Damn, the SCAR fans on this board have little man syndrome bad. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com