• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#133 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

• Locationthird spur east of the sun
SUPPORTER

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:39 PM

You should check in the incorporated areas just outside Greensboro such as Pleasant Garden, Ramseur, etc. where the local governments have taken action to prevent Greensboro from annexing them. Property values just across the Guilford County line in Randolph County are pretty good, too. The NC62 corridor between 220/73 and 421 has some nice property areas as well.

yep, i've looked pretty extensively throughout randolph county as well. that's the rub though; i want something that's far out enough to be cheap and avoid urban sprawl over the rest of my life, while yet being close enough to the city that i can live/work/hang out with people there without inconvenience.

#134 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationWherever I May Roam
HUDDLER

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:07 PM

yep, i've looked pretty extensively throughout randolph county as well. that's the rub though; i want something that's far out enough to be cheap and avoid urban sprawl over the rest of my life, while yet being close enough to the city that i can live/work/hang out with people there without inconvenience.

Could always go north of Greensboro as well. Although there are essentially 2 Greensboros- the Battleground/airport/north side and the Holden/High Point Rd/I-40. Kind of depends on which part of Greensboro you spend the majority of your time.

But there's also the 220 north corridor on the other side of Summerfield, up toward Madison and Stoneville. I personally never thought that was a bad drive. I lived in Martinsville for 13 years and could get to the airport in less that 45 minutes.

40 acres in Madison/Mayodan area: $139k

http://www.realtor.c...25_M52571-92297

#135 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

• Locationthird spur east of the sun
SUPPORTER

Posted 09 August 2014 - 11:58 PM

Could always go north of Greensboro as well. Although there are essentially 2 Greensboros- the Battleground/airport/north side and the Holden/High Point Rd/I-40. Kind of depends on which part of Greensboro you spend the majority of your time.

But there's also the 220 north corridor on the other side of Summerfield, up toward Madison and Stoneville. I personally never thought that was a bad drive. I lived in Martinsville for 13 years and could get to the airport in less that 45 minutes.

40 acres in Madison/Mayodan area: $139k

http://www.realtor.c...25_M52571-92297

i don't know why but i've always been more attracted to the area south of greensboro than north of it. for some reason madison and beyond just feels to out-of-the-way to me (and summerfield is horrifically expensive unless you sneak up into rockingham county and beyond.) i think i would take randolph county over rockingham, and south guilford co. over north guilford. the julian/liberty area is actually fairly attractive to me.

of course this is all subject to change radically over the next two years depending on various factors like price. i don't want to lock myself into one spot versus another based on dumb prejudices about certain towns or areas and potentially screw myself out of the best possible setup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users