Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big A

Brandin Cooks stealing the show!

204 posts in this topic

During Tuesday’s practice, Cooks took a quick bubble screen the distance, and the video of him pulling away from the Saints defense is frankly alarming.

The ability to run more complicated routes will be needed, but the pure speed he showed on the simplest one makes it clear he’s going to be a weapon for Drew Brees soon.

]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/29/brandin-cooks-showing-screen-game-stealing-the-show/

https://vine.co/v/MEZtTxbPW0p

Glad to see we got this guy and not panthers, Jeremy was dead on about how good this guy is! Enjoy KB! Lol

We also adhere to the " Gospel of Luke " in Carolina. Which says, " Thou shalt not run the ball up the middle or throw screens to the wings." Kuke will show him this season, if they try that weak sh%t on us? He'll be " Brandin Cooked" when we get done with him! 

1 person likes this

We also adhere to the " Gospel of Luke " in Carolina. Which says, " Thou shalt not run the ball up the middle or throw screens to the wings." Kuke will show him this season, if they try that weak sh%t on us? 

haha i like that.

Just thought of something, doing a little math:

Brandin Cooks vertical jump 36" plus height 5'10" = 8'10" high point

Kelvin Benjamin vertical jump 32" plus height 6'5" = 9'1" high point.

So Cooks is faster, more explosive, more polished and more athletic, yet it's only a tiny 3" difference on high point between him and Benjamin. So much for making a huge deal about the height difference.

Also Jean Baptiste is 6'3 with an incredible 41.5" vertical. If he can play well enough to start, he can jump almost a foot higher than Bejamin.

Winners: In the notoriously copycat NFL, expect teams to attempt to mimic the Seattle Seahawks' success with long, athletic cornerbacks. That is music to the ears of Nebraska's Stanley Jean-Baptiste, whose 6-foot-3, 218-pound frame is made even longer because of an eye-popping 41.5-inch vertical jump -- the highest of all "skill position" players on either side of the ball tested in Indianapolis. Like Seattle's Richard Sherman, Jean-Baptiste times his leaps well and is faster on the field than he is in workouts (4.61) because of surprising fluidity and his background as a receiver.

Then again, we still have the higher jumping Keenan Lewis to put on him

CB Keenan Lewis (6-0 3/4, 191 pounds) came in 17 pounds less than what he weighed at the combine. He told people that he weighed so much more at the combine because he was given creatine at his workouts to his increase his weight. His playing weight is about 194. He ran a 4.49 and 4.51 in the 40, had a 38 1/2-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot, 10-inch broad jump, a 4.42 short short, a 6.89 three-cone drill and has 20 bench press reps.

Love our new secondary!

#NoFlyZone

Wait, what. You mean to tell me Cooks is faster than Benjamin?

Lmao well I would certainly hope so considering Kelvin weighs a good 50 pounds more than Cooks.

Alejandro breaking news over here.

Wait, what. You mean to tell me Cooks is faster than Benjamin?

Lmao well I would certainly hope so considering Kelvin weighs a good 50 pounds more than Cooks.

Alejandro breaking news over here.

It was a comment about fans here talking about how the height makes Benjamin better, yet I'm pointing out that the one thing Benjamin has over a Cooks is very small difference thanks to his pedestrian (per NFL WR standards) vertical. I'll take the guy that gives up a tiny bit of height, but does everything else at a much higher and even record setting level

Losers: Scouts love receivers who have great height but are cautious of those who don't play to their natural advantages. As such, surprisingly poor numbers from big receivers like Florida State's 6-5, 240-pound Kelvin Benjamin (32.5), Rutgers' 6-6, 225 pound Brandon Coleman (32.5) and BYU's 6-4, 223-pound Cody Hoffman (27.5) could have an adverse effect on their stock.

Here's the part about Benjamin under the "LOSERS" section lol

It was a comment about fans here talking about how the height makes Benjamin better, yet I'm pointing out that the one thing Benjamin has over a Cooks is very small difference thanks to his pedestrian (per NFL WR standards) vertical. I'll take the guy that gives up a tiny bit of height, but does everything else at a much higher and even record setting level

If you consider the difference between 6'5 and 5'10 only a "tiny bit of height" then you are beyond help.

You can go on and on with your drivel about verticals all you want.

Just thought of something, doing a little math:

Brandin Cooks vertical jump 36" plus height 5'10" = 8'10" high point

Kelvin Benjamin vertical jump 32" plus height 6'5" = 9'1" high point.

So Cooks is faster, more explosive, more polished and more athletic, yet it's only a tiny 3" difference on high point between him and Benjamin. So much for making a huge deal about the height difference.

While I often don't argue with Saints fans, I also believe in trying not to homer and this is just wrong. This doesn't take into effect the length of either of their arms.

KB has roughly 35" arms. Cooks has roughly 31" arms. So whatever reach he makes up with in vertical, he again loses in size.

1 person likes this

If you consider the difference between 6'5 and 5'10 only a "tiny bit of height" then you are beyond help.

You can go on and on with your drivel about verticals all you want.

In case you missed it, when you add in their vertical jumps, the high point is only a 3" difference. Smaller guys can cut faster, accelerate faster, stop faster ,etc. so the only advantage the tall guy has is the height he can catch a ball at, yet with such a pedestrian vertical, Benjamin can only do that marginally better than Cooks, while Cooks can do almost everything else at a much much higher level,

You should listen to this other guy, he's not a complete homer like yourself.