• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#166 saints4life25

saints4life25

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:17 PM

Maybe it's different in NFL, but a lower levels the target area on wide receiver on higher throw over coverage are about one helmet over top of helmet, not where their fingertips are at top top of their highest jump, that would require throwing the ball where it arrives about 5ft over the head of the receiver. Go back and see where CJ or Graham or Colston high point balls arrive.

So, Graham doesn't bring us a different mismatch than Cooks? I understand what you're getting at, and I too think his height is overplayed considering all the receivers I've name that are his height or shorter, but to act like an extra 7 inches is nothing is just silly to me. It's a difference when throwing to Graham and it will be a difference when throwing to KB.

I prefer Cooks and didn't want the Saints to touch KB in the draft, but trying to marginalize his size just doesn't make sense to me. He's 6'5" with 35" arms and a 32" vertical. That's nothing to try to marginalize.

#167 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,204 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:30 PM

So, Graham doesn't bring us a different mismatch than Cooks? I understand what you're getting at, and I too think his height is overplayed considering all the receivers I've name that are his height or shorter, but to act like an extra 7 inches is nothing is just silly to me. It's a difference when throwing to Graham and it will be a difference when throwing to KB.

I prefer Cooks and didn't want the Saints to touch KB in the draft, but trying to marginalize his size just doesn't make sense to me. He's 6'5" with 35" arms and a 32" vertical. That's nothing to try to marginalize.

I didn't say it was nothing, I said it was a marginal difference, not this vast difference they are making it appear? Just remembering some of my Jesuit education, if you take that 7" and see what percentage that is of total height including jump and then look up the definition of a marginal difference in statistics as expressed in percentages , which is what I said, it should be a factual statement,

Edited by Big A, 31 July 2014 - 02:33 PM.

#168 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,414 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:36 PM

Nice crocs

said no one ever

#169 saints4life25

saints4life25

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:49 PM

I didn't say it was nothing, I said it was a marginal difference, not this vast difference they are making it appear? Just remembering some of my Jesuit education, if you take that 7" and see what percentage that is of total height including jump and then look up the definition of a marginal difference in statistics as expressed in percentages , which is what I said, it should be a factual statement,

Using my Higgins education, I can see you're reaching, but carry on lol.

#170 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,204 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:52 PM

Using my Higgins education, I can see you're reaching, but carry on lol.

That made me remember this song

Cruising down the street...real slow...with the fellas be yellin' .______

#171 PandaPancake

PandaPancake

#FireShula

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,246 posts
  • LocationGreeley, Co

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:54 PM

colorado-ptc-user-group-meeting-at-color

47398928.jpg

#172 saints4life25

saints4life25

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:56 PM

That made me remember this song

Cruising down the street...real slow...with the fellas be yellin' .______

You know what they say, westbanks the best bank.

#173 saints4life25

saints4life25

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:58 PM

colorado-ptc-user-group-meeting-at-color

47398928.jpg

The words Higgins and nerds have never been used in the same sentence, ever.

#174 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,204 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:04 PM

The words Higgins and nerds have never been used in the same sentence, ever.

Keep in mind the guy lives in a place that has legal herb for recreational use, so his posts don't always make sense, but are usually funny.

#175 PandaPancake

PandaPancake

#FireShula

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,246 posts
  • LocationGreeley, Co

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:06 PM

Keep in mind the guy lives in a place that has legal herb for recreational use, so his posts don't always make sense, but are usually funny.

I just figured he never heard of the School of Mines. It's a tiny engineering school. Nothing good ever comes out of those places.

#176 ctrcat

ctrcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:26 PM

I was an active poster during draft season and was very outspoken that I did NOT want Cooks.  I actually wanted ASJ who I hope busts but unfortunately sounds like he's having a good camp in TB.  I also loved KB.  Coming from the high school which has produced more NFL talent than any other, a national champion at F$U, and size that can't be taught, he simply has been a better prospect than Cooks since high school and as Jimbo Fisher said, he would have been a top 3 pick if he stayed for another year. 

The reasons are countless that I didn't want Cooks, but I watched the Oregon/Oregon State game last year and he had a chance to be a hero in a huge game for his team and school, and dropped a huge pass with about a minute to go that would have given the Beavers a chance (hilarious when these moron fans talk about KB with stone hands when he made the catch that won the crystal football).  Everyone drops passes of course, but the fact is I saw none of the absolute bulldog that made #89 a Hall of Famer.  Cooks simply isn't in the same stratosphere (no slight to Cooks as no one is #89), who I would not have touched before our second round pick and I stand by that.  The fact that they gave up a 3rd and lost out on a guy like Turner so that Star, KK, et al can push, shoot, swim, ram down their pathetic cornhole of an interior OL on every play to boot is a beautiful beautiful thing.  True story.  I can't wait. 

Edited by ctrcat, 31 July 2014 - 03:31 PM.

#177 saints4life25

saints4life25

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:29 PM

I just figured he never heard of the School of Mines. It's a tiny engineering school. Nothing good ever comes out of those places.

I hadn't and being that I didn't know you were from Colorado, it went right over my head. I apologize for the confusion.

#178 saints4life25

saints4life25

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:30 PM

I was an active poster during draft season and was very outspoken that I did NOT want Cooks. I actually wanted ASJ who I hope busts but unfortunately sounds like he's having a good camp in TB. I also loved KB. Coming from the high school which has produced more NFL talent than any other, a national champion at F$U, and size that can't be taught, he simply has been a better prospect than Cooks since high school and as Jimbo Fisher said, he would have been a top 3 pick if he stayed for another year.

The reasons are countless that I didn't want Cooks, but I watched the Oregon/Oregon State game last year and he had a chance to be a hero in a huge game for his team and school, and dropped a huge pass with about a minute to go that would have given the Beavers a chance (hilarious when these moron fans talk about KB with stone hands when he made the catch that won the crystal football). Everyone drops passes of course, but the fact is I saw none of the absolute bulldog that made #89 a Hall of Famer. Cooks simply isn't in the same stratosphere (no slight to Cooks as no one is #89), who I would not have touched before our second round pick and I stand by that. The fact that they gave up a 3rd and lost out on a guy like Turner so that Star, KK, etc. al can push, shoot, swim, ram down their pathetic cornhole of an interior OL on every play to boot is a beautiful beautiful thing. True story. I can't wait.

You watched one game, so you know all about a player. The reason us "moron fans" made a joke about him having stone hands was because he dropped almost 10% of passes thrown his way last year. Cooks dropped 2% of his passes.

#179 PandaPancake

PandaPancake

#FireShula

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,246 posts
  • LocationGreeley, Co

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:32 PM

Its cool. Only a 44% admission rate. 40th in the nation for public schools. It's been argued that the only reason we are rated so low is because here are all the majors:

We are literally a school of nerds.

#180 ctrcat

ctrcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:35 PM

You watched one game, so you know all about a player. The reason us "moron fans" made a joke about him having stone hands was because he dropped almost 10% of passes thrown his way last year. Cooks dropped 2% of his passes.

But for Oregon State, there was no bigger game.  Again, in the biggest moment for KB in front of a worldwide TV audience, the biggest play in college football.  For Cooks, in the biggest moment in front of a (mostly) regional audience on foxsports he drops a pass that a "Biletnikoff winner" should make. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com