Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brenton Bersin?

98 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm skeptical just because he's a hometown kid, so maybe there's some favoritism going on. If he is the real deal though, I'm all for it. The dude has the build of a AJ Green or Jerome Simpson, tall and lanky.

Edit: Does he remind anyone else of Sunshine from Remember the Titans with that hair?

2 people like this

Posted

Do you think Brenton Bersin could be like Riley Cooper type player for us?

He is looking really Good......He may not be as Fast as King but I feel like he has already beat out McNutt....

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Nope, he's not racist enough

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

2 people like this

Posted

White? Yes

Long hair? Yes

Racist? No

1 person likes this

Posted

Kinda reminds me of a guy like Nate Burleson. Possession receiver with good hands that won't burn down the field but can make the occasional big play.

2 people like this

Posted

It's not cause he's white.  Both guys 6'3-6'4, long.   Hartline is of similar build as well.  All 4.5 + 40 times.  In my opinion all blue collar receivers.

Cooper averaged less than 300 yards each of his first 3 years and had 5 TDs total.  

He started excelling under Kelly with Foles at the helm. 

The comparison isn't that far off.  If he keeps working hard you never know.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah Burleson is a good comparison too.

1 person likes this

Posted

Bersin is tall (6-3) and a pretty good blocker.  He ran a 4.58 40 at his pro day.    He catches over the middle, outs, digs, --probably no deep routes, but he can play.  Imagine him with Benji and Olsen in the red zone.

I think he is perhaps labeled because he is white and is not taken as seriously.  The special teams comment is valid, but I think he is a bigger version of Proehl.

Posted

There's a reason the dude hasn't made a squad the past two seasons. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

2 people like this

Posted

Wow didnt know Bersin was 6-3

Posted

I'm skeptical just because he's a hometown kid, so maybe there's some favoritism going on. If he is the real deal though, I'm all for it. The dude has the build of a AJ Green or Jerome Simpson, tall and lanky.

Edit: Does he remind anyone else of Sunshine from Remember the Titans with that hair?

Haha yea that's how I kept referring to him at fan fest.

I think he grew up right down the street from JR.

1 person likes this

Posted

I've been hearing that Bersin has been balling this camp. I hope that he can carry it over to Pre-Season. I simply want the best players on the field so we can repeat as Division Champs as a start to Panther success.

1 person likes this

Posted

Let's see how he does in preseason first.