top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,182 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:44 PM

Link

• Undrafted rookie wide receiver Marcus Lucas (Missouri) had one of those days when he seemed to catch everything in his direction. With the next two to three receiver spots open after Kelvin Benjamin, Jerricho Cotchery and Jason Avant, it's not unthinkable that Lucas could slip into the mix. Marvin McNutt and Tavarres King have had moments, but have not been consistent. Tiquan Underwood has the coolest hair in camp, but he hasn't consistently stood out. With Brenton Bersin playing well and Lucas shining in spots, you could see a few surprises on the final roster. Either that or the Panthers will watch the waiver wire for receivers cut by other teams.

There was also the positive impression that Bell made. Newton wasn't as hard on Kony Ealy, basically saying that Ealy has neither stood out or looked terribly bad.  

Good to hear about Lucas. I hope that he keeps it up.  I saw a vid of Marcus Lucas earlier this year, and he looked a little stiff in the hips to me, but his size (especially with KB on the field) is very captivating.  If anyone else has actually paid attention to Lucas, then weigh in.  Lucas looks like he took his chance to shine with KB down.

#2 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:51 PM

I've heard he's looked great all camp. I think the Panthers are gonna do their best to hide Lucas and stash him on the PS.

It'll be really interesting to see the depth chart after Benjamin, Cotchery, and Avant.

#3 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,190 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:04 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

I've heard he's looked great all camp. I think the Panthers are gonna do their best to hide Lucas and stash him on the PS.

It'll be really interesting to see the depth chart after Benjamin, Cotchery, and Avant.

53096702.jpg

#4 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:06 PM

53096702.jpg

DAMNIT BILL!!!! YOU KEEP YOUR GYPSY HANDS AWAY FROM OUR ROSTER!!

Edited by rscott94, 29 July 2014 - 10:07 PM.

#5 Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

"D"

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:11 PM

Is he in the running for the memorial Armanti Edwards camp MVP award?

#6 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:17 PM

Is he in the running for the memorial Armanti Edwards camp MVP award?

Every year it is someone.  This year it is Lucase and the Bersin kid.  I wish them both luck and really want anyone with a Panther jersey to succeed.  Hope both of them make an impression and can get a job.

#7 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,694 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:18 PM

Bottom part of the receiver depth chart is gonna be an interesting battle

#8 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,983 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:19 PM

Lucas has freakish size and arm length but apparently he is insanely slow.

Both him and kb run the same 40 times but kb is explosive. This guy is not.

It would be awesome to have three wr with 6'5" height though

#9 CPantherKing

CPantherKing

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:25 PM

83 Marcus Lucas is not terribly slow. He is like a 6'5" version of Ricky Proehl. Lucas is excellent and finding the holes in a zone and slipping behind coverage. When he catches the ball it is at its highest point.

Cam is going to love throwing ropes to Kelvin Benjamin and Marcus Lucas at the sideline and corner of the end zone. This is the type of receiver that fits Cam. Cam does not need speed receivers with his game. He just needs the tall ones that can catch at the sideline.

Here is a link to a video so you can see. http://youtu.be/pXeClvfkO9E?t=1m2s

#10 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,694 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:50 PM

Hopefully he can calm down the panic on ealy

#11 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:58 PM

He needs to pump his brakes, its early.

#12 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,976 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:20 AM

I went to the first two practices and he stood out to me too. More than Philly Brown, McNutt, and King. I'd put him right there wit Bersin. But I did not comment because they hadn't put on pads yet. So if he's continuing to impress with contact that goods for him and good for the Panthers.

#13 King Schit

King Schit

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:24 AM

53096702.jpg

He looks like a sneaky SOB in that pic. Sort of like a pedophile too.

#14 Rules&Regulations

Rules&Regulations

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:52 AM

Guys, there's a reason NFL teams have speed receivers and not just teams full of lumbering giants who can out-jump DBs. There's something called a pass rush, and especially with our o-line I don't think it's as great an idea as some of you to ditch speed altogether.

#15 caatfan

caatfan

full of it

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:24 AM

Guys, there's a reason NFL teams have speed receivers and not just teams full of lumbering giants who can out-jump DBs. There's something called a pass rush, and especially with our o-line I don't think it's as great an idea as some of you to ditch speed altogether.

True, but we have a QB that doesn't have to depend as much on the OL as most do, in order to give receivers time to get downfield and/or separate. I think that makes our need for speed a little less necessary than the average. Of course ideally you have the whole package- elusive QB, fast WR's, and solid OL. Right now 2 out of those 3 are just a wish list for the Panthers.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Davud Newton, Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com