Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D Newton's take on today's camp praised Marcus Lucas

17 posts in this topic

Posted

53096702.jpg

He looks like a sneaky SOB in that pic. Sort of like a pedophile too.

Posted

Guys, there's a reason NFL teams have speed receivers and not just teams full of lumbering giants who can out-jump DBs. There's something called a pass rush, and especially with our o-line I don't think it's as great an idea as some of you to ditch speed altogether.

Posted

Guys, there's a reason NFL teams have speed receivers and not just teams full of lumbering giants who can out-jump DBs. There's something called a pass rush, and especially with our o-line I don't think it's as great an idea as some of you to ditch speed altogether.

True, but we have a QB that doesn't have to depend as much on the OL as most do, in order to give receivers time to get downfield and/or separate. I think that makes our need for speed a little less necessary than the average. Of course ideally you have the whole package- elusive QB, fast WR's, and solid OL. Right now 2 out of those 3 are just a wish list for the Panthers.

Posted

83 Marcus Lucas is not terribly slow. He is like a 6'5" version of Ricky Proehl. Lucas is excellent and finding the holes in a zone and slipping behind coverage. When he catches the ball it is at its highest point.

Cam is going to love throwing ropes to Kelvin Benjamin and Marcus Lucas at the sideline and corner of the end zone. This is the type of receiver that fits Cam. Cam does not need speed receivers with his game. He just needs the tall ones that can catch at the sideline.

Here is a link to a video so you can see. http://youtu.be/pXeClvfkO9E?t=1m2s

Welcome to the huddle Marcus!

Posted

(insert Victor Cruz reference here)