Photo
- - - - -

Fansided.com: Team targeting Thaddeus Young

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 ckad79

ckad79

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:04 PM

I put the source here, because I suggest that you take it's word with a grain of salt. Fansided.com does post a ton of crap but they seem to think that the Hornets are looking to trade for Thaddeus Young. Not sure what I think of the potential trade but isn't as crazy as many that I've read about.

http://fansided.com/...haddeus-young/#!bqmw82

Edited by ckad79, 29 July 2014 - 10:05 PM.

#2 Omega Atrocity

Omega Atrocity

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • LocationWestern NC

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:23 PM

I really like Thaddeus Young, but we already have quite a few PF's on the roster. Though I do think he is an upgrade over all of them, I'm not sure how I would feel about trading for him after signing Marvin Williams. I don't think there's much of a chance of this happening.

#3 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:52 PM

As long as it involves Hendo and future picks, lets go get him.

#4 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,976 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:58 PM

From how it read to me, this was a fan question that they bounced off of a writer who said it made sense.  So basically, we aren't targeting Young, this was just conjecture.  And two, I don't want to trade Cody.

#5 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:59 PM

Why

#6 KaseKlosed

KaseKlosed

@CMackMost

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:16 AM

do want

#7 MedellinHeel

MedellinHeel

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:44 AM

I m pretty sure he can play some SF.... 

I remb prayin this kid went to UNC back in his hs days. Reminded me of a poor mans Lebron. 

#8 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,303 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:05 AM

Thad is a very solid athletic stretch 4.  We'd be doing him a favor considering he's in his prime and the 76ers are in tank mode.

#9 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:28 AM

As long as it involves Hendo and future picks, lets go get him.

Yes to Henderson. No to future picks. But Philly isn't going to want anything that doesn't include future picks. And they probably want nothing to do with Henderson's contract.

This team is not so much in contention mode that we can afford to start selling off picks again. That's what got us in trouble during the Larry Brown era. Like Lance, I like bringing him in if the price is right.

#10 Mike

Mike

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:43 AM

I think Young could be a good addition at the right price. He can play SF and PF, and gives us another scoring option. For me, he'd slot in nicely at PF and allow us to continue to give Zeller and Vonleh minutes off the bench. Granted we have Marvin Williams but he can play SF as well as PF, so he could be an option off the bench behind MKG. Or if they really want Williams to start, put him at one forward position with Young at the other leaving MKG to come off the bench (not my preferred option).

If this deal let us shred Hendo's contract, and keep hold of assets, then this is a move that should help the team.

#11 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:51 PM

It doesn't make a lot of sense unless we trade Marvin.

#12 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,303 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:36 PM

Yes to Henderson. No to future picks. But Philly isn't going to want anything that doesn't include future picks. And they probably want nothing to do with Henderson's contract.

This team is not so much in contention mode that we can afford to start selling off picks again. That's what got us in trouble during the Larry Brown era. Like Lance, I like bringing him in if the price is right.

I agree to an extent.  At some point though if we want to win big we're going to invest our assets, the trick is knowing when and knowing how to do it wisely.  Now I'm definitely not on board for trading a potential lottery pick if that's what bringing in a guy like Thad would cost.  However any thing past the 21st pick and I'd probably pull the trigger.  Right now it looks like we'd probably pick next year outside the lottery.  A 21st and a future second honestly would be a fair deal...considering Thad's in his prime and has proven production,  He's just been stuck on poo teams.

#13 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,303 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:41 PM

It doesn't make a lot of sense unless we trade Marvin.

Does make sense.  Marvin would be in the perfect role if he was utilized as a heavy rotation guy as opposed to an every night starter.  Vonleh is 2 years away.  With Young and Williams our 2's could stretch the floor with Zeller primarily relieving Jefferson.

In the NBA your 2's can win or lose you the game.  You've got to take your 2nd squad just as seriously as your starters when it comes to attacking a defense.

#14 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,347 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:21 AM

Does make sense. Marvin would be in the perfect role if he was utilized as a heavy rotation guy as opposed to an every night starter.

That's right. Our 7 mil rotation player.

#15 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:45 AM

That's right. Our 7 mil rotation player.

This hasn't been emphasized enough on here. Now we'll NEVER get the good player we all expected this offseason!

Miami just paid Josh McRoberts that for the next 4 years. Stretch fours and spacing are the hot commodities of today's NBA hence the prices.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users