Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carolina Panthers Wide Receiver Projections - Week 1

69 posts in this topic

Posted

is anybody really surprised by Underwood? seriously?

Posted

You cant say snatched???

Posted

Oh i see....misspelled......oops

Posted

Hate to say it but our offense will be worse than last year. Some people keep bringing up our 29th ranking but they forget the style of offense we ran.

Posted

Hate to say it but our offense will be worse than last year. Some people keep bringing up our 29th ranking but they forget the style of offense we ran.

Derp

1 person likes this

Posted

Hard to tell who they're gonna keep after KB Cotchery and avant

Posted

It's easy to make the argument that this group can be slightly better than last years because outside of Smitty last years group was non existent.

However this group needs to be ALOT better than last years. It's games against the elite D's like Seattle and SF that it was painfully obviously how poor our recievers were outside of Smitty. I remember watching the playoff game and seeing how exhausted Cam looked in the second quarter.

However I assume we'll run lots of 2 tight end sets with Dickson and Olsen to make up for the lack of recieving. Cam thrived in his rookie season with Shockey and Olsen. Now add KB on the outside and we got some monsters on the field. Really have high hopes for Dickson this season.

1 person likes this

Posted

This group, outside of KB, is all about moving the chains.

Hopefully KB and Olsen can help in the red zone, cause we are going to need it.

Posted

How often is WR 6 gonna be on the field? That's the big question. If one can return kicks or even play on kickoff then he will be more valuable. I would prefer Marcus so im not being biased. But if he isnt going to see the field more or as much as your kick returner, then why have him? The only reason i can think of is not wanting him ****** from PS.

I can see both sides of the argument. Adding 6'5 Lucas would be beneficial to Cam considering his overthrows. Adding Philly Brown as the 6th WR would give us a speedy WR and a punt/kick returner. I'm just in favor of adding Lucas.

Posted

It seems you have forgotten the offense we run.  This year will feature bigger receivers who are just as committed to blocking.  This crop has shown to have better hands and crisp route running, so I believe they will able to take advantage of the opportunities that will present themselves.  Avant will not drop a Cam lob on fourth and three or third and four like Lafell routinely did during his tenure here.  The WRs in Carolina will always need to make the easy plays when called upon the few times a game they are needed.  Our WRs let us down so many times last year and that is why it is not a big deal that they were let go or not re-signed.

1 person likes this

Posted

Little disappointed in Underwood. Ironically, the way things are shaping up Ted Ginn might have been our biggest WR loss. Going to miss his speed and return abilities.

Ginn is losing out to John Brown in Cards camp so I wouldn't quite say that.  He brought important traits to the table no doubt.  

Posted

Ginn is losing out to John Brown in Cards camp so I wouldn't quite say that. He brought important traits to the table no doubt.

link?

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle