Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carolina Panthers Wide Receiver Projections - Week 1

69 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

What I'm saying is there are not many wr in the league that can do anything against that Seahawks secondary. That takes a unique individual a la megatron, aj green Brandon Marshall.

We may have found one in kb but who knows. How you best teams like that is having an equally punishing defense and pick and choose your spots because you make a mistake against that team it's game over
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

KB

Avant

Cotch

Underwood

Pilares

King

Posted · Report post

Steve Smith had 6 catches on 7 targets and a TD against Seattle... what are y'all talking about Ginn was the only WR with a catch?  But yeah, other than Smitty and Ginn (who only had 1 catch like was mentioned) no other WR had a catch.

Olsen had an uncharacteristically terrible game against Seattle.  Dude was getting open and Cam was sending dimes his way and he kept dropping the ball over and over.  Man I remember being so mad about that.  Other than Deangelo's fumble and that dumbazz TO on special teams... Olsen's drops were really the difference in that game.  Cam was rather fucking sharp that day despite the statline.

Posted · Report post

Kind of scary that only half to less than half of our projected WRs have caught a NFL pass.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Posted · Report post

Went to camp today and Bersin, King, and Lucas stood out.  We all know the first three WR's to make it, but I think these three had a good day above the others.

Posted · Report post

Underwood isn't doing enough to make this team right now.

Posted · Report post

With a Shula offense we know the Panthers offense will carry 4 to 5 WRs on the roster. Shula is only going to keep 1 speed receiver on the active roster.

1. Benjamin

2. Cotchery

3. Lucas

4. Avant or Bersin

5. Underwood, Pillares, or Brown

Posted · Report post

I don't know...

If Underwood isn't showcasing that speed then why should he get a spot over Lucas, Bersin or King (who are making nice grabs)? I mean, we didn't sign Tiquan for his hands and leadership qualities.

Posted · Report post

1. KB
2.Cotch
3.Avant
4.Bersin
5.King

Just based on what I've heard from training camp, but underwoods contract might help him get a roster spot
1 person likes this