Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Great Gaffney Conspiracy Theory

33 posts in this topic

Posted

I can't wait to see Tom Brady throwing a hissy fit and screaming at LaFail on the sidelines next year after a crucial 3rd download drop. It's the Patriot Way.

If he even gets to play

Posted

While the theory is just for fun, as with most good humor it's rooted in truth.

The Patriots did indeed overpay for LaFell and may now be realizing it.

Posted

Wasn't Donald a free agent signing?  It's not like Carolina worked a trade for him, so why would Patsy want to get back at the Panthers when it was them who offered the contract?  DG didn't write the contract up and present to Donald himself or anything...

2 people like this

Posted

While the theory is just for fun, as with most good humor it's rooted in truth.

The Patriots did indeed overpay for LaFell and may now be realizing it.

well, to be fair, overpaying for LaFell is just a little payback to Belichick after conning Hurney into believing the Pats were going to draft Armanti Edwards in the 3rd round..  and somehow worth giving up a future 33rd pick in the process..

Posted

So the Patriots overpaid for a garbage receiver, and in doing so somehow felt slighted by the team that clearly didn't want to pay him, so they screw us by taking a guy we actually wanted?

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Posted

well, to be fair, overpaying for LaFell is just a little payback to Belichick after conning Hurney into believing the Pats were going to draft Armanti Edwards in the 3rd round..  and somehow worth giving up a future 33rd pick in the process..

I still chuckle remembering they traded up to take Laurence Maroney over DeAngelo Williams.

They saved Hurney from a huge mistake and made one themselves all in one move :lol:

Posted

This thread makes no sense to me

Posted

I still chuckle remembering they traded up to take Laurence Maroney over DeAngelo Williams.

They saved Hurney from a huge mistake and made one themselves all in one move :lol:

completely forgot about that..  more ammunition against a few pats clowns I know..

Posted

So the Patriots overpaid for a garbage receiver, and in doing so somehow felt slighted by the team that clearly didn't want to pay him, so they screw us by taking a guy we actually wanted?

the only story here is LaFell still sucks...  

2 people like this

Posted

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if this move, and acquiring Lafell was partly spite for the non call last year in our win over NE.

Posted

I wish this theory had some legs

It would be fun watching a bunch of delirious beligenius fanboys trip over themselves/each other to explain how this is a mastermind power play

2 people like this

Posted

One of the truths this conspiracy is rooted in is Bill Bellichek makes roster moves to spite other organizations. He's  a petty bully that will seek revenge for any perceived offense.