Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Great Gaffney Conspiracy Theory

33 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if this move . . . was partly spite for the non call last year in our win over NE.

this is probably closer to the truth IMO

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

One of the truths this conspiracy is rooted in is Bill Bellichek makes roster moves to spite other organizations. He's a petty bully that will seek revenge for any perceived offense.

Believable, considering 90% of those moves end in failure...

Posted · Report post

Yeah I would agree.

In regards to Lafell, I meant more in the sense of weakening another team at a position. Problem is the Patriots will find out soon enough just why Lafell got the reputation around here that he had. From the sound of it, they are already seeing it first hand at training camp.

Posted · Report post

Wasn't Donald a free agent signing?  It's not like Carolina worked a trade for him, so why would Patsy want to get back at the Panthers when it was them who offered the contract?  DG didn't write the contract up and present to Donald himself or anything...

If I read it correctly Belichick tried to "put out a bid" on LaFell, thinking that the Panther's would match it, thereby making the Panthers pay much more than they wanted. We chose not to match it, so Belichick got stuck holding the bag. Not the Panthers fault by any means, but he mad. Oh he mad.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Said it before...Any other coach in the league and I'd discount the whole notion as ridiculous.  But Belichick is a spiteful, capricious a--hole with a colossal god complex and a known history of doing things just to take a swipe at people and other teams.

With that prick, pretty much nothing surprises me.

Posted · Report post

Do you mean that Lafell that was part of the stellar WR corps that (according to some), we couldn't afford to lose and should over pay to keep here?

Same idiots that were sucking Marty Hurney off even after he was fired....  Ignorant fans are pretty amusing though

Posted · Report post

What's the line on lafell's Madden rating going up?

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app