Photo
- - - - -

The Great Gaffney Conspiracy Theory

Best Answer lola, 30 July 2014 - 11:50 AM

Guys, guys. It's probably just the fatigue he feels from working so much harder with the Patriots. Give him a break.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,488 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:37 PM

While the theory is just for fun, as with most good humor it's rooted in truth.

The Patriots did indeed overpay for LaFell and may now be realizing it.

well, to be fair, overpaying for LaFell is just a little payback to Belichick after conning Hurney into believing the Pats were going to draft Armanti Edwards in the 3rd round..  and somehow worth giving up a future 33rd pick in the process..

Edited by bleys, 30 July 2014 - 12:39 PM.

#17 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,888 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:43 PM

So the Patriots overpaid for a garbage receiver, and in doing so somehow felt slighted by the team that clearly didn't want to pay him, so they screw us by taking a guy we actually wanted?

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#18 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,734 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:46 PM

well, to be fair, overpaying for LaFell is just a little payback to Belichick after conning Hurney into believing the Pats were going to draft Armanti Edwards in the 3rd round..  and somehow worth giving up a future 33rd pick in the process..

I still chuckle remembering they traded up to take Laurence Maroney over DeAngelo Williams.

They saved Hurney from a huge mistake and made one themselves all in one move :lol:

#19 Panthers8969

Panthers8969

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:47 PM

This thread makes no sense to me

#20 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,488 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:48 PM

I still chuckle remembering they traded up to take Laurence Maroney over DeAngelo Williams.

They saved Hurney from a huge mistake and made one themselves all in one move :lol:

completely forgot about that..  more ammunition against a few pats clowns I know..

#21 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,488 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:52 PM

So the Patriots overpaid for a garbage receiver, and in doing so somehow felt slighted by the team that clearly didn't want to pay him, so they screw us by taking a guy we actually wanted?

the only story here is LaFell still sucks...  

#22 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,637 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:52 PM

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if this move, and acquiring Lafell was partly spite for the non call last year in our win over NE.

#23 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,392 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:00 PM

I wish this theory had some legs

It would be fun watching a bunch of delirious beligenius fanboys trip over themselves/each other to explain how this is a mastermind power play

#24 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,160 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:21 PM

One of the truths this conspiracy is rooted in is Bill Bellichek makes roster moves to spite other organizations. He's  a petty bully that will seek revenge for any perceived offense.

#25 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,476 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:34 PM

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if this move . . . was partly spite for the non call last year in our win over NE.

this is probably closer to the truth IMO

Edited by PhillyB, 30 July 2014 - 01:34 PM.

#26 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,488 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:43 PM

One of the truths this conspiracy is rooted in is Bill Bellichek makes roster moves to spite other organizations. He's a petty bully that will seek revenge for any perceived offense.

Believable, considering 90% of those moves end in failure...

#27 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,637 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:44 PM

Yeah I would agree.

In regards to Lafell, I meant more in the sense of weakening another team at a position. Problem is the Patriots will find out soon enough just why Lafell got the reputation around here that he had. From the sound of it, they are already seeing it first hand at training camp.

#28 run1stdownrun2nddown

run1stdownrun2nddown

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:25 PM

Wasn't Donald a free agent signing?  It's not like Carolina worked a trade for him, so why would Patsy want to get back at the Panthers when it was them who offered the contract?  DG didn't write the contract up and present to Donald himself or anything...

If I read it correctly Belichick tried to "put out a bid" on LaFell, thinking that the Panther's would match it, thereby making the Panthers pay much more than they wanted. We chose not to match it, so Belichick got stuck holding the bag. Not the Panthers fault by any means, but he mad. Oh he mad.

#29 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,734 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:20 PM

Said it before...Any other coach in the league and I'd discount the whole notion as ridiculous.  But Belichick is a spiteful, capricious a--hole with a colossal god complex and a known history of doing things just to take a swipe at people and other teams.

With that prick, pretty much nothing surprises me.

#30 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,762 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:49 PM

Do you mean that Lafell that was part of the stellar WR corps that (according to some), we couldn't afford to lose and should over pay to keep here?

Same idiots that were sucking Marty Hurney off even after he was fired....  Ignorant fans are pretty amusing though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com